The hunt is on for missing diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cody. This doesn't sound so good, I'm sure everyone here will send their prayers and thoughts.
Did I understand your post correctly - she was on the surface already and got separated by a swell?

concernedcody:
Hey everyone I was trying to find some information about Ashley and ran across this site Ashley is a family friend she is originally from Tulsa, OK my Aunt and Ashley's mother have been best friends forever. They just arrived in FL this afternoon and there is not much news that I have heard other than what the article says. I do know that all the divers were in the process of loading back onto the boat when a swell came up and after that she was gone. the coast guard began searching within 25 minutes of them knowing she was missing. I know her mother (Charlotte) would thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Wow prayers sent from another Tulsan.

Kim, that's what I heard about an hour ago, my aunt called and said that is what everyone was telling them.

i must say, things did not sound good when i first read about this

my thoughts to the diver, her family and friends

Yeah we are all very concerned, and most of her family and friends don't know the first thing about diving, and so we don't even know how to understand her being missing.

concernedcody:
Kim, that's what I heard about an hour ago, my aunt called and said that is what everyone was telling them.
Wow...that sounds really tragic. It would be pointless to speculate how that could happen but I'd have to think that inexperience must have been a factor.

Anyway - my thoughts and prayers are with all of you......

I haven't been able to find anymore than what you did. I was wondering which charter she went with. Well, this is the end of day two searching. : ( Poor girl.

From CDNN "Because of how long she has been missing, her oxygen tank would be long depleted," said Doug Tobin, the Pasco County sheriff's spokesman. "It is now a recovery effort for us."

The boat was a private boat, again, from CDNN Berry Hucks, who said he was captain of the 23-foot pleasure boat My Millie II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom