The hunt is on for missing diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks ... i belive i read that she was on the boat with her husband, right?

yes, with her husband his daughter and two of her husband's friends. There were supposedly 5 people total out that day.

thanks ... i'm sure they can shed more light on this. the press accounts are very skimpy

do you know any more details?

for example, was she at the bottom or at the surface when she went missing?

who was her buddy during the dive?

anything you know would be most helpful

I've merged two threads that were about the same incident.

I was out on Sunday, the day before the incident, and the current was ripping. I believe I even made note of that in my dive report.

H2Andy:
do you know any more details?

for example, was she at the bottom or at the surface when she went missing?

who was her buddy during the dive?

anything you know would be most helpful

See that is the issue, I don't what to go into too much detail but there are conflicting stories coming from the other people that were with her. One says that she was at the top getting ready to get in the boat when a swell pulled her under, there is also the story that she was at the bottom and when the other two resurfaced she was not there.

There was one diver that was certified that was with them that was supposedly watching her and supposed to be her buddy. The authorities are investigating these stories, along with a "tip" that might lead in a different direction.

concernedcody:
See that is the issue, I don't what to go into too much detail but there are conflicting stories coming from the other people that were with her. One says that she was at the top getting ready to get in the boat when a swell pulled her under, there is also the story that she was at the bottom and when the other two resurfaced she was not there.

There was one diver that was certified that was with them that was supposedly watching her and supposed to be her buddy. The authorities are investigating these stories, along with a "tip" that might lead in a different direction.

Hiya Cody. Thank you for trying to enlighten us, that is very kind of you. The Scuba community is a pretty tight knit group. When something happens to one of our own we are very concerned.

So as you have stated, initial reports that she had been certified two weeks prior are incorrect?

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/specials/popular/article.aspx?s=popular&storyid=35183

concernedcody:

In other words, this might not even be a diving accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom