The humiliations of Fundies have already begun . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBDiveGirl:
:lol3:...:rofl: coffee down the front of my shirt... (better than on the keyboard!) And you just leave us "there"... wondering how you got out!!! Do you have any fingerprints left???

Thanks for the excellent tip about leaving on keeper off to learn.
Claudette

Well as luck would have it I had just cleaned the old glue off the rim with some solvent, outside. I walked outside, enormously pleased to find the door had not latched, (rim and tire still firmly attached) and rubbed up against the the solvent soaked rag I'd left there.

Tobin

Robert Phillips:
Oohhh so easy in an alum 80, but try it with a lp95! :D

I don't think it would be much of a problem. Seriously. I can tricep press over 100 pounds so I don't see a 42# tank causing too much problem.

PerroneFord:
I don't think it would be much of a problem. Seriously. I can tricep press over 100 pounds so I don't see a 42# tank causing too much problem.
Ok do it with double 130's then.

Market pressure had nothing to do with it. If it had, it would have never changed from a workshop. I don't believe the big dogs at GUE listened to anyone of the students or instructors candidates or instructor trainers back in January 2003 when they asked us all to comment on the possible change to a certification class. Not a single person in the crowd was pro certification at the time. It's really all about progressing to the next level of classses. For the life of me, I still can't really figure out why it's really necessary since the instructor one gets for the upper level classes could easily get a recommendation from someone he or she trusts whether or not one is ready. It's probably nothing more than prequalifiction standardization.

Randy43068:
Afterall, DIRf used to be a workshop without a C card of any sort. I think market pressure changed that for GUE.

Seriously, if you have to go though these kinds of contortions to get out of the harness, its to tight.

JimC:
Seriously, if you have to go though these kinds of contortions to get out of the harness, its to tight.
... a bit, yes ... :14:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well, I could probably triceps press a hamster if I had to, so flipping the rig is not an option for me -- a 42 pound tank is a third of my body weight :)

TSandM:
Well, I could probably triceps press a hamster if I had to, so flipping the rig is not an option for me -- a 42 pound tank is a third of my body weight :)

Try it once, I think you'll be surprised. Especially with a single tank. If you do it right, it nearly falls off you. And with your setup that night (no tank) it would have been trivial to take the plate off.

TSandM:
From the Sea Hunt Web Site:

Bridges complained about the weight of the twin tanks on his back during endless topside re-takes, "Carrying those double tanks around all the time got to be a little rough on me". Harry Redmond had copies of the twin tanks made out of balsa wood and painted them silver. Except for episodes at the beginning of the first season, Bridges is seen walking around with balsa wood tanks on his back throughout the rest of the series.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom