The Greater Tampa Bay Area take XVI - Home Base/Chat Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mark, If she's shooting at things in caves we may want to think twice about taking her to Ginnie. I'd hate for ya to end up looking like that fish :rofl3:

Hey Mark, If she's shooting at things in caves we may want to think twice about taking her to Ginnie. I'd hate for ya to end up looking like that fish :rofl3:

:rofl3::rofl2::rofl3::rofl2:

Heya wait a sec... this would leave Kathleen all to me :evil:

SWEET!!!
I want to go spearfishin with you, we need to go soon before it gets too cold.

*Miss nodding emphatically*

Thanks everyone.

Doh, I didn't know you were supposed to go through the eyes (no joke)! See you learn something new everyday. I only know what I learned at that seminar a couple of months back, guess I missed the part about how to string it :wink: As for the drive by, the lil guy was up in a cave like area. He wasn't planning on coming quietly and I certainly wasn't going to give up. So after a long struggle/stand-off and just a tad of thrashing about I won :D After I dragged him out of the cave, I had to take him over to the sand because the spear line was tangled. I ended up grabbing lil sis' surgical shears and cutting the line out of him :shocked:

Mind you my first shot ever with a gun was the best - that is when I got the 22lb black grouper. :D I think I need to recommend that class to more people.

I'm definitely hooked on spearing though. :14:

That's a good shot too.

No way are you bringing a spear gun in a cave with me!

I can see it now.....you standing in the picnic area at Ginnie, one hand in my eyes and the other grabbing the back end of my wetsuit telling everyone how you shot this North Carolina Snapper back by Hill 400 all the while hollering, underwater of course, "Go easy! Don't make it any harder that it has to be!"and what a PITA it was to drag him back through the lips ( you cave divers know what I'm talking about).

That's a good shot too.

I can see it now.....you standing in the picnic area at Ginnie, one hand in my eyes and the other grabbing the back end of my wetsuit telling everyone how you shot this North Carolina Snapper back by Hill 400 all the while hollering, underwater of course, "Go easy! Don't make it any harder that it has to be!"and what a PITA it was to drag him back through the lips ( you cave divers know what I'm talking about).

Tracey, you wouldn't want to shot him anyway, really old meat gets a gamey taste to it and it's tuff as leather. :D

That's a good shot too.

OMGosh that is too funny. :rofl3:

So Dave your saying EAN is chewy? Hrmmmm, I'll take a pass then. Especially if you have been there already :burnout:

Sheesh.......I'm not old. gamey or tough.

I prefer "seasoned"

and I don't consider myself as table fare but more of a trophy. Like something you would hang on a wall.

Sheesh.......I'm not old. gamey or tough.

I prefer "seasoned"

and I don't consider myself as table fare but more of a trophy. Like something you would hang on a wall.

:rofl3: Okay seasoned it is then. Would that be like beef jerky :huh:

More like venison....wild but still jerky.

NASA Science News for November 2, 2007

On Monday morning, Nov. 5th, space shuttle Discovery is scheduled to undock from the ISS while the pair are gliding over many US towns and cities. The two spaceships will cut across a glittering expanse of morning stars dotted by bright planets and a Venus-Moon conjunction. And don't forget the exploding comet! It all adds up to "A Fantastic Monday Morning Sky Show."

FULL STORY at

NASA - A Fantastic Monday Morning Sky Show

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom