Votes: 2 3.8%
  • baby shampoo

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • other

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm using Sea Gold gel more often now than the 500psi because I like that it doesn't leave that white stuff in all the creases/crevices in the mask. Liked the Trident too but broke the spray pump off the bottle.

PSI 500 was ok, but I found it just took to much effort to rinse/clean. Sea drops are good also, and I'll use those when a community rinse bucket is provided. But when I can just reach into the water and rinse myself, I use what nature provided me.

Boogie711:
Ben - your own saliva is harmless to your own eyes. Just FYI. Technically, so is urine, but I wouldn't recommend peeing in your mask.
I would think the uric acid will make your eyes sting like the dickens... Let me know if you find out... :54:

In Jamaica they showed me some plant life that grows in the sand away from the coral. If your having fogging problems you can take off your mask, rub this stuff on it and then don and clear and the fog is gone.

I know what it looks like, but I don't know what its called.

gj62:
I would think the uric acid will make your eyes sting like the dickens... Let me know if you find out... :54:

Good point - but then again, I did say not to do it. :)

Hmmm... I did claim it was harmless. That may not be totally true... I'm not claiming it's a good idea - but it is sterile. Isn't that why you can pee on a jellyfish sting?

Now, on the saliva/eye thing, different circumstances. Ask any hard contact lens wearer.

Boogie711:
Ben - your own saliva is harmless to your own eyes. Just FYI. Technically, so is urine, but I wouldn't recommend peeing in your mask.

When I worked in a shop we had a lady come in with an eye infection her doctor claimed was caused by spitting in her mask, maybe not her spit directly, could have been something accumulated from a couple dives, I dunno, regardless I'll pass on the spitting, toothpaste is cheap and more effective.

Ben

Boogie - I wasn't picking on ya - just trying for some humor. You pee on a jellyfish sting because the mild acid counteracts the base in the nematocysts that cause the stinging. Any acid will do (vinegar, for example). It just so happens that urine is almost always at hand (well, for guys anyway :wink:).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom