Votes: 2 3.8%
  • baby shampoo

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • other

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there any kinds of substitutes for mask defogger, for those of us who always forget to check and come to day of the dive find out we have none. Hehe, gotta love us blondes.

Diving in Venice (florida)

yes there is, you can spit in your mask. you can also use baby shampoo in your mask. this is just 2 of several things that work.

steve

Spit works just fine. But also toothpaste has given great effects. Just as with spit wipe it around and let it stay for a while and then wash it off.

I have watched people use no more tears shampoo and they swore by it I have never tried it though

divingvenice if its a new mask remember to use the white toothpaste on it inside and out to get that whatever it is that comes with a new mask. it helps bunch's.

Mike

Any soap will work. No More Tears is excellent, dish soap is even better, but you have to me more careful in rinsing your mask to avoid hurting your eyes. There are a few steps you can follow to get better results.

1. Start with a dry mask.

2. Apply your soap early, the night before is great. Two weeks before your next dive is not too early. Let it dry on the mask; don't rinse it until just before you get in the water.

3. Don't mix your shampoo/dish soap with water, apply it full strength.

4. Don't use too much, a light coating works best.

If you're on a boat that has a rinse bucket, don't slosh your mask in the bucket. Dip water out of the bucket, rinse your mask and don't let the used rinse water drop back into the bucket. A rinse bucket should have clean water, it should not have defog or soap. Once the first Neanderthal sloshes his mask in the rinse bucket, it is no longer suitable as a rinse bucket.

I dilute it because I also use this solution for lubricating my drysuit seals and putting some in my gloves so they are easier to slide on. Never had any problems with the diluted solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom