The Great Helium Hunt of 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully this will stabilize things. There needs to be a concentrated effort against balloons. The US is where balloons are the mainstay for stuff.

Hopefully this will stabilize things. There needs to be a concentrated effort against balloons. The US is where balloons are the mainstay for stuff.

I was reading about this earlier this week. Some good news for sure. One would hope we get it cheaper here, but I reckon most will be exported and we will still be charged a lot :oops:

2022 update:

West suburban dive shop owner told me last weekend he had recently checked into He cost as someone else had asked. Currently $700 for a T. Doesn’t include delivery related fees. We’re hoping the cost comes down by the spring.

2022 update:

West suburban dive shop owner told me last weekend he had recently checked into He cost as someone else had asked. Currently $700 for a T. Doesn’t include delivery related fees. We’re hoping the cost comes down by the spring.
Sounds like price for Helium AND cylinder. Very easy to ask the question wrong, or the clerk answer the correct question wrong.

I've had this issue getting a simple propane tank refilled, were quoting me a price of a new tank and propane. Didn't know about the exchange of the old (empty). No, I'm not paying $75 for propane. I'm trying to do a Sunday evening BBQ out of gas quick exchange. They were offering me the outright bottle price. After some discussion, additional staff (supervisor, manager?) suddenly there was an exchange price. I still wonder how many people he ripped off selling exchange cylinders for outright bottle pricing.

Sounds like price for Helium AND cylinder. Very easy to ask the question wrong, or the clerk answer the correct question wrong.

I've had this issue getting a simple propane tank refilled, were quoting me a price of a new tank and propane. Didn't know about the exchange of the old (empty). No, I'm not paying $75 for propane. I'm trying to do a Sunday evening BBQ out of gas quick exchange. They were offering me the outright bottle price. After some discussion, additional staff (supervisor, manager?) suddenly there was an exchange price. I still wonder how many people he ripped off selling exchange cylinders for outright bottle
Last year it was $600. I don’t think the shop owns the bottles but I could be wrong.

What grade are they selling for $700/bottle? Industrial for me last swap was $329 for a T (granted I own the cylinder) The price of UHP was nearly double that of industrial for 99.999 vs 99.998 %.

Grade unknown, but probably UHP

Good call on the grade. I don't even consider UHP. Industrial has a proven track record. I hope to have enough Helium to get through this year and next year. And probably regret not buying more this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom