The Great Helium Hunt of 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Helium comes in smaller sizes than T's too .....

_R

Going to cave country around the holidays, so I’ll bring back at least one pair of 85s filled with helium. I’ve got a transfill whip already.

Going to cave country around the holidays, so
I’ll bring back at least one pair of 85s filled with helium. I’ve got a transfill whip already.

Apartment or not, you realize you’re 1/2 a step away from a compressor – or at least a booster. @tbone1004 has one that fits in a pelican case. :)

Apartment or not, you realize you’re 1/2 a step away from a compressor – or at least a booster. @tbone1004 has one that fits in a pelican case. :)

yup... requires 110vac, scuba inflator, or low pressure shop compressor, doesn't really care which one, it's also for sale now that I bought a Masterline...

I remember paying $95 a T and selling it at .50 a cubic foot.
I can remember when gasoline was 29.9 cents a gallon, and a guy put it in your car for you.

upload_2021-8-19_0-40-1.png

And it is really 300 SCF by molecular weight, not a divers cube of breathing gas. Add cylinder rental and delivery... so figure a dive shop landed cost is about $1.00 a foot, probably a lot more because in my observation of inexperienced trimix blenders is they lose a lot of gas, plus labor costs, and specialized equipment investment, opportunity costs, etc... any dive shop in south florida charging less than $3 a foot is probably losing money on trimix and should be charging $4 a foot if they expect to make a very modest profit.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom