The Great Helium Hunt of 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are standard prices on this side of the Great Lakes. The only ones with lower prices are the ones who locked in a multiple year contract, such as Wazee Sports, very near the deep site for training.

Maybe consider making the trip on our side then for cost savings if you plan on a dozen or heliox/ trimix fills for this dive season. The worst I've seen it up here price wise was $3.00 per cft in 2019 and when it was that high nobody had any.

Maybe consider making the trip on our side then for cost savings if you plan on a dozen or heliox/ trimix fills for this dive season. The worst I've seen it up here price wise was $3.00 per cft in 2019 and when it was that high nobody had any.

Depending on how class scheduling works, I may very well do that. Instructor’s schedule is jam packed what with her full time job and other stuff, so next class day isn’t until sometime in July. I can deal with that. Gives me some time to practice stuff.

It is $5 in Ann Arbor.

I just swapped a K of O2 at my regular gas supplier. Price was up 25%.
Was getting it swapped for $40, now $50.
I have not cracked into the T of Helium I got for $75 last year. I know it is going to suck when I empty it.

A refill of 99.999 through a place my company has a contract through, and that we buy lower grades of HE from, $1750...
Thats not lab grade, just normal uhp 99.999 stuff

A refill of 99.999 through a place my company has a contract through, and that we buy lower grades of HE from, $1750...
Thats not lab grade, just normal uhp 99.999 stuff
Assuming that’s CAD or USD Your company rate is beyond terrible and a huge markup over walk in pricing.

Yes and no. At nominal blends and pressures, the head temps actually run cooler.
Running 21/35 at 3500 psi, my heads will tend to be 10-20 degrees cooler than with 32%.
10/70 runs about 20 degrees warmer.
10/70 at 4500 causes lots of temp related issues. Valve life is drastically shortened.
As a comparison. This was running some 16/50 tonight.
I am running 23 degrees higher head temperature than with 32%.

I know, I changed the colors, sue me.

upload_2021-6-21_23-45-54.png

upload_2021-6-21_23-46-28.png

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom