The Great Escape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dive solo and expect to be branded as a reckless miscreant. You'll promptly get a knock on your door and be served blue legal papers and restraining orders. You'll be exiled from social diving affairs, barred from entering school zones and get a state required Tattoo on your forehead. If you dive solo at night you will be deported and listed on Interpol.
That's what they said would happen but it never did.

What nobody ever said was that one night up at Lake Murray the Goodness of Humanity would almost be my undoing.

By Moonlight I geared up and went down to the water by myself without attracting any attention from the other campers ( or so I thought ) The rocks on the shore were smooth and slick so I did a fast entry into the lake making a heck of a splash. I think they call it a " Giant Slide Entry " :D

So I drifted out a ways and started to do the normal things like adjust my mask, check BC dumps, gauge checks, Reg. checks, Light checks, Pony Bottle check, putting on my fins ect. ect.... Much of that I do slightly submerged.
I got done and popped up to float a bit and look at the Moon only to find panic on the shore of the lake and a hoard of S*** Faced Drunk Frat Boys entering the water and making they're way out to save me. It was like being caught in a rock slide or a cattle stampede. :11:
It was frightening and I knew I was going to die if they reached me.

I did the only thing I could think to do to save myself......

I hit the dump button on my inflater....
PSRHsssssssssssssssssssssh...........
and disappeared fast to the bottom of the lake. I switched on my light and lined up a compass bearing towards the opposite shore. As I finned into the darkness to Become One with the Mud I knew I had pulled off The Great Escape. :crafty:

There is more to the story but I hear a knock at the door.........

:rofl3:

I love the story so far can't wait to hear the rest. Tell who ever it is to go way or sit and listen to the story as you type it. LOL

Were those AMISH frats?????

:rofl3: I don't think so

Should be easy to tell. If they ARE, then they would be holding your cognac and warm towel, no?

I did the only thing I could think to do to save myself......

I hit the dump button on my inflater....
PSRHsssssssssssssssssssssh...........
and disappeared fast to the bottom of the lake. :crafty:

LOL sounds reasonable to me. Can't wait to hear the rest. :winky:

Sorry people, but that was me knocking on the door. Timeliner may not be able to post again for awhile.

Dive solo and expect to be branded as a reckless miscreant. You'll promptly get a knock on your door and be served blue legal papers and restraining orders. You'll be exiled from social diving affairs, barred from entering school zones and get a state required Tattoo on your forehead. If you dive solo at night you will be deported and listed on Interpol.
That's what they said would happen but it never did.

There were a few things that Frank didn't know about. Please see the below attachment for an explanation of his current circumstances. As soon as I can get him back to Texas he will be going bye-bye for quite some time.

Attachments

• Timeliner.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 102
The parrot that rides on Debra's shoulder has been spreading the word that you had brought Daisy with you back from Belize... I am not sure but I think you might have started an international incident with implications reaching as far north as Oklahoma...

I dont think the AMISH Frat boys were looking for you Frank...

Sorry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom