The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubarescuepd -

Sorry to hear about your troubles... I've made a couple purchase from LeisurePro without troubles, but I've also read more than one story like yours.

My suggestion - That's the wonderful thing about the internet and capitalism - choices!

Try a place like scubatoys.com (I have no affiliation) - I just ordered from there and am extremely happy with my experience. They beat all of LeisurePro's prices for over a thousand $ in gear and I got full manufacturer's warranties on everything.

Better yet, you can always catch Larry from scubatoys posting on SB, and he's constantly offering advice without pushing too hard to purchase from his store.

I've dealt with both LP and Scuabtoys. I've had great results w/both. W/Scubatoys, I had ordered a wetsuit. Came in wrong size: They just sent me another, no bill, and told me to return the one I didn't want. EXCELLENT (and I was dealing w/Larry).

I agree w/others. IF you have trouble with an order CALL THEM FIRST! They do try.

Bought a Cobra from LP it went bezerk after 1 year and 10 days. Also 10 days before next trip. Called them and they said send it back and I did. Waiting to see what happens and when. Drove to Dallas to scubatoys.com and bought a Aeris Elite for the trip, at same price as LP. Never really liked the Suunto.

I boght 2 Genisis React computers from Leisure Pro. one went crazy after 6 months. It went back to Leisure Prow twice for repairs. The fist time they just sent it back to be. I was not repaired and givng very long and dangerous no deco times. Secont time I sent it back, Leisure Pro lost it. After many nasty e-mails and seceral telephone calls I finally was told I could have a new computer or a store credit. I am hesident to buy anything form Leisure Pro that would require service. I am still out $250 and have a real bad taste in my mouth! Buyer Beware!

I bought a Wisdom from L.P. love it easy to use, lots of good info, great downloads, love the dive profile graphs, should have got the quick disconnect but thats an easy fix. $474.00. Saw it recently at scubatoys.com for a buck more which would ease the minds of the warranty gurus. Good luck

If your interested I sell stuff discounted through EBay (name Garythescubadiver), with full backing on the warranty.

I have USDiver Aqua Lung Titan Regulator for $139 right now.

Gary

H2Andy:
divers supply are very good too, though their best deals are on the Sea Elite stuff.

i have a Sea Elite wetsuit, which is holding up very nicely, and a Sea Elite Tech
regulator, which is very, very good.

jjardin:
Pressed Steel had this response to my query:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 12:59 PM
To: Barbian, Sue
Subject: RE:

Could you forward me a list of your authorized dealers for the NY/NJ region?

Thanks for the info,

JJ

"Barbian, Sue" <sbarbian@pressedsteel.com>
May 11, 2004 02:11 PM
To:
cc:
Subject: RE:

New Jersey
Treasure Cove Divers, Westfield NJ 908-954-8808
Blue Water Divers Inc, Ramesy NJ 201-327-2822
Lang's Ski N' Scuba, Trenton NJ 609-538-1970
Mar-vel Underwater Equipment, Oaklyn NJ 856-962-8719
New York
Leisure Pro, New ork NJ 212 645-1234
Stingray Divers, Brooklyn NJ 718-384-1280
Sue

now i know why pst tanks are pretty much the only thing at lp that's not discounted.

I bought a piece of Scubapro equipment from Leisure Pro. It did not come with any warranty certificates from Scubapro. It did come with a certificate from Leisurepro that says that they will extend the same warranty as the manufacturer would have. Scubapro offers a lifetime warranty but of course to collect on this one it would mean shipping it back to LP. Also, when I tried to register the product on Scubapro's site I got the below info based on the serial number:

Thank you for purchasing SCUBAPRO/UWATEC equipment. The dealer from whom you purchased your equipment is not an authorized SCUBAPRO/UWATEC USA dealer or the equipment was not obtained from a dealer within the Americas. SCUBAPRO/UWATEC does not extend its free parts program or life time battery replacement to products purchased from sources other than authorized SCUBAPRO/UWATEC USA dealers. Please register your equipment within the country or territory from which it was purchased. If you feel that this is in error, you may contact your dealer to determine how to properly register your equipment or contact us.

SCUBAPRO does not authorize sales via the Internet nor via mail order. We maintain a minimum pricing policy that our authorized dealers adhere to. Internet companies that offer diving equipment obtain our products through "gray-market" sources and not from our factory. We have no way of assuring the ultimate consumer that any item purchased via this source has not been tampered with or modified. Nor can we assume that our product has been properly tested and inspected. As such, SCUBAPRO does not extend any warranties on its products purchased from Internet, mail order or any other "unauthorized" dealer.

If you have purchased SCUBAPRO equipment from anywhere other than an Authorized SCUBAPRO Dealership, we recommend that it be inspected by an Authorized SCUBAPRO Repair Center to be sure that it is operating and performing to SCUBAPRO specifications. To locate your local SCUBAPRO Repair Facility please visit our US Dealer Locator. We would also advise that you follow the SCUBAPRO recommended maintenance and service guidelines for your SCUBAPRO product.

The irony of this is I see an ulterior motive of ......you *should* make sure your gear is really ok so go visit your local Scubapro dealer and spend all that money you saved by buying gray market stuff and have them look it over and laugh when they hand you their bill.

Scubapro stuff should be pretty well-built and not have something go wrong right out of the box. If it doesn't, I'm sure LP would be happy to replace it. I do not think they would want a bad rep amongst these boards which are populated with many previous (and potentially repeat) customers. If you think inferior quality parts were subbed, then compare yours to the one you saw at the your LDC.

If a SP regulator was involved, I doubt there's much in them that could be swapped out to make them much cheaper, so gray market will be same as anywhere else, just without the free lifetime parts benefit, which you pay for up front in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom