The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

when i bought my reg i was told that the parts kit was substantially more than that, I beleivve i was told about $40. It seems high, but since it is the first reg I have ever owned it seemed logical. Even at $18 it would only take me a few years of service to make up the difference from the prices that were online when I bought it. It seems like the online stores had them for about $400 so it was only $95 more for me to buy locally. Maybe I should look for another scuba pro dealer.

Great prices, fast service - I live in NJ and get my stuff the next day via regular ground UPS - you can't beat that.

I personally went to LP the 30th of December 02...
Since there are lots of things I can't find in my country, I went to NY for new year's eve, and went to LP. Guys, the store is just small, but they have everything you can ask for, everything I saw was in NEW condition, even tought I saw some things (especially BC's) which where last years model, but at REALLY tempting prices....
Overall, I would say an excellent store, at least, for what I'm used to...
BTW, I bought a Mares MR22 Abyss, a Henderson Microprene Wetsuit, 50 lb. lift bag and a mask strap. All that for less than the price I was going to buy the MR22 somewhere else...
For me... two thumbs up...
Hope this helps....

It's not that your LDS was lying. He probably would charge you $40 for parts if you did not have the warrenty. But when Kits were available thru Diveinn, ther cost was about $8.50 for the Mk25 and $5.50 for the S600. So dealer cost should be on the order of $8 to $12 for the pair. Another kicker is that he might only instal that kit (or individual parts) as needed. That would mean a kit every 3 to 5 years if you take good care of your gear! Would you rather believe he lied to you or that he was just going to rip you off?

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
when i bought my reg i was told that the parts kit was substantially more than that, I beleivve i was told about $40. It seems high, but since it is the first reg I have ever owned it seemed logical. Even at $18 it would only take me a few years of service to make up the difference from the prices that were online when I bought it. It seems like the online stores had them for about $400 so it was only $95 more for me to buy locally. Maybe I should look for another scuba pro dealer.

I've bought everything from a computer, to a reg, to a drysuit from LP. My experiences have only been positive! On my last visit, I bought a mask that my LDS had for $69 at LP for $19. With that kind of pricing, why bother shop elsewhere?

Adam

PS: I don't even bother comparison shopping at LDSs anymore - it's just not worth my time....

I have ordered from them several times. I have had very good experience with them. Once, there was a problem with my order (wetsuit) due to a missunderstanding. Unfortunately I was already on my way to Monterey for a weekend of diving. Leisure Pro sent my Wetusit to the motel, free shipping due to the mistake, and it got there within a day and a half. That was my only problem, which ended up fine. It was kind of cool to go to the bell boy desk to pick up my brand new Henderson wetsuit.

sharkman
:guitar:

Put your LDS to the test. This weekend I printed LP's price ($240)for the Mares M1 Wrist Computer and took it to a LDS. Simply asked them if they would meet or beat LP's price. No problem, the LDS sold me the comp new in the box for $199.

I've been using them for about a year now and got a chance to check out their New York store last year over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Hard to find was my first reaction. Its on the second floor, over a discount camera shop, which they also own.

The shop is very small; the rest of the building is devoted to their mail-order operation. They were very helpful and tried to answer any questions I had.

No complaints on their service or prices. :bolt:

Rich

I have bought 1st/ 2nd stages + octo and a dive computer from LP. I received them with no damage and all operational. I went diving with them and faced no problems. I would recommend you to go for it. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom