The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the sound of your post i would gather that you were not
aware that they were floor models so to speak....

what i am looking at purchasing is the
Dacor Nautica WD BCD with Weight Intergration

any thoughts??

it was very clear someone went out and pulled one off the hanger. Dust on the shoulder, faded on top, etc, etc. Whatever, it happens. I learned and now its packaged goods only from LP, and all else from eBay or others.

I'm the wrong guy to ask about a BC. I just sold my fluffy weight integrated BC on eBay and converted to a BP/W system - and its been great so far. 8 perfect dives, easy to manage, lighter, smaller, simpler, less weight on the belt, etc. A few more this weekend in the 100fsw+ range to check performance at a more challenging depth. I anticipate no issues.

They're not for everyone (I guess... ) but its been the most significant change to my diving since, well, diving.

K

Thanks for the tip I will request it still be in package and boxs... I would have expected that mind you to be a given unless the advertising said something to the contrary.....

Any opinoins on this

BCD Dacor Nautica WE BCD with Weight Intergration

and

Scuba Pro MK2 and R190 Regs

and

Oceanic Slimline Octopus

steve

Be aware that much of the stuff that LP sells are from dive shop liquidations. By the time LP gets their hands on it and offers it to sell it might still be last years model. Heck, they just recently finished up their Apek T-20 supply.

Being a new a recently burnt diver by purchasing eqiupment from
a private person.... who assured me everything was fine...

I am a little gun shy

I am trying to get the best bang for my buck.. When i spoke to ScubaPro today the told me that they would not be responsible and told me that i should not even CONSIDER BUYING ANYTHING over the INTERNET AT ANY of these dive shops ????

little confused.....

steve

Oh God, I see the Online vs LDS arguement already starting. Go do a few searches about buying online v LDSes. All of the discussion is out there already for you to make an informed decision.

I have purchased several items from their store in NYC and they have never sold me a floor sample. The fact that a BC happens to be the last year's model does not make it inferior in quality and performance. What do you guys do? buy a new model BC or reg. every year? Come on...
The only item that I do not feel comfortable purchasing online is my reg. and octo. I want to know that it is properly assembled and tested and serviced. I guess it would be a different story if I knew how to service them. The money you save buying everything else from LP or Diveinn helps you out in getting a decent reg. setup from the LDS.
Nautica is a fine entery level BC, SP makes nice regs. but I don't like them as a company so I would rather spend my dough on one of many other brands which are just as good if not better. And I just don't know anything about the oceanic regs.

Hey Paramedic,

I bought a Nautica WD BCD and it was new. Did not come in a box but was in clear plastic and had tags attached. It is unfortunate that Mo2vation had problems. I will be buying more products from them soon.

Wildbill:scuba:

I had nothing but positive experiences with LP. Yeah, their site is not the best but their prices and excellent customer service made up for that. I bought a reg, gloves, hood some other small stuff as well. All of it was the current model year and in the original manufactures packing. A guy I work with bought an OMS "brain-rotting device" that was on back order for two months. As far as the online vs. LDS, do some research and make your own informed decision.

a few times. Everything has come in great shape with LP warranty cards for items made by manufacturers that won't honor internet sales. My only problem has been that sometimes their website shows an item in stock when it's backordered (happened to me twice). Otherwise, fast shipping and great prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom