The finest fins I have used APS Mantaray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jridg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I want to start of by stating that I am in no way affiliated with APS Mantaray.

I have been using their fins for the past two years - I have to say that they are hands down the best fins I have used in the past 21+ years of diving. Easy to don and doff, as powerful as anything I have used, lightweight, small enough to easily pack for travel, Very durable. As a bonus I have the white fins, which allows me to shoot a white balance while taking video and not have to carry a card with me. You can see my videos on youtube - just search for 'jridg' - all of my posted dive videos I have shot while wearing/using these fins to get the white balance.

The other side of this story is that the owner, John Wagner, is a superb guy and fellow diver who provides unparalleled customer service.

APS Mantaray Home Page - or, simply click on the ad on this site - YUP - he's a Scubaboard supporter too!

Wanted to pass this along to anyone looking to upgrade to the finest dive fins around.

(In my humble opinion :wink: )

Having read the tirades for and against most every type of fin, I am sure you will get some bashing about yours. I, personally, dropped the use of my Atomics in favor of Force Fin Pros. I have seen posts for and against them, but I like them a lot. I am glad that you have found a fin that suits you, as I believe that is really what it is all about.

Having read the tirades for and against most every type of fin, I am sure you will get some bashing about yours. I, personally, dropped the use of my Atomics in favor of Force Fin Pros. I have seen posts for and against them, but I like them a lot. I am glad that you have found a fin that suits you, as I believe that is really what it is all about.

+1

All the best, James

im looking to get new fins and these really look intriguing.
my first choice was the scubapro jetfin but this could be a better choice.

could you direct me to any useful review ?

cheers

....As a bonus I have the white fins, which allows me to shoot a white balance while taking video and not have to carry a card with me. ....

The other side of this story is that the owner, John Wagner, is a superb guy and fellow diver who provides unparalleled customer service.

APS Mantaray Home Page - or, simply click on the ad on this site - YUP - he's a Scubaboard supporter too!

Wanted to pass this along to anyone looking to upgrade to the finest dive fins around.

(In my humble opinion :wink: )

I absolutely agree, and so does my husband- I got a pair for my husband 2 years ago and he LOVES them. John did everything in his power to get them to me before x-mas ( I placed my order 1 week before) and he got them to me lickty split. I would buy them again and again. They really are good quality!:D

im looking to get new fins and these really look intriguing.
my first choice was the scubapro jetfin but this could be a better choice.

could you direct me to any useful review ?

cheers

actually, if you head to their website - there are good reviews. They were a testers choice in 2005 (I think).
Template

actually, if you head to their website - there are good reviews. They were a testers choice in 2005 (I think).
Template

thanks saw that one already but i was wondering if there were other newer, independent reviews not in their website

I'm looking for a fin to replace my Jets (too negatively buoyant) and have been considereding the Mantaray so this thread is timely.

To the OP or anyone else who uses them... how well can you frog kick and back kick in them? The website states they're good for tight spaces but doesn't elaborate further.

Regarding reviews... a quick google took me to LP's page where all 18 reviews were highly favourable. Interesting though was the fact that most people who stated their previous fins were using split fins. I'm thinking this fin appeals more to the 'rec' crowd as opposed to the 'tech' crowd. (Not that it necessarily matters... just an observation.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom