The end of my SP Jet Fins?!?! Hope not!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BSK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
PICT0276.jpg

PICT0279.jpg

PICT0280.jpg

So, during my 2nd dive for the day I managed to "rip apart" my jetfins..

the connector pin that is holding the clamp to the fin seperated and rendered the fins useless for me. Luckily one of the fellow other divers had a spare and I was good to go, however I'd rather not give up the jetfins as they are very nice.

Emailed the warranty at Scubapro to see what they say. Damage isnt bad at all and can be fixed with some homedepot style repair (long metal rod basicaly) however I wonder if someone ran into the same problem and had a small repair type kit send to them.

Yep. Get spring straps.

i know Wayward Son here on SB makes/sells them and thats a BIG YES to springs, you wont regret it

cheers

I use springs, but not everyone like them. If you want to save yourself some time and money, go get the Aqualung Rocket fin hardware to replace it. They have little nuts and bolts instead of the pressed in pins like SP. A good shop may even give you a pair that the replaced with springs. I have anout 10 sets of them just incase. A couple bucks and your back in business.,

I went to the Aqualung website and coudlnt find anything in their fins section about the hardware

You won't find it on their web site. AQ is the same as SP in that they do not allow any sort of internet sales. You have to go to a dealer. And most manufacturers won't list small parts on their web sites unless they're set up to sell them to the public, which won't happen with a company that uses an authorized dealer structure for their sailes & support.

Check your local shops, odds are one of them will have a jar of buckles on hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom