The draw of the mighty-O

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cris, Alex's old captain is from there and he goes home to dive it for spear contests and such.

You should talk to him, he is a trip. He took me in the fish holds on the ST, up past the lady statue, he used to be a Navy salvage diver. NUTS, tho. Excellent diver if you can overlook the judgement factor, lol. He does it on air over and over. Those Florida boys are crazy. he does not talk much, but I like to drag stories out of him, very entertaining ones about the Oriskany.

http://dbellas@sharpcast.com/albums
Check out my pics from the O. I took a slow boat out there from Pensacola 4 hours round trip. Very painful so look for a fast boat. The locals all agreed to charge a base rate for the dive. No less then $150 for a 2 tank dive, so they all should be around the same price. And book early since most of the boats I seen out there are pretty small.

It is about 30 miles off shore. And when it's rough...it's rough! :)

Great dives...better if you can go past 130 fsw.

Dave

Cool. I plan on doing it w/ my x-scooter and a set of doubles on mix. I think Jimbo and some other folks in the Alabama/Texas area may join me.

Cool. I plan on doing it w/ my x-scooter and a set of doubles on mix. I think Jimbo and some other folks in the Alabama/Texas area may join me.

Sounds good! Most dive operations should let you do doubles, etc. Just remember it's closer to the wreck from Pensacola, but you can still dive it from Alabama :)

Well, since we have now been sentenced to a year in Alabama......(whats the deal, can we not stay in 1 place for more than 12 months?) I guess that the "O" is on the list to dive. I really want to try out the springs and a little "Caving".......:mooner: hopefully there is a nice place to park the trailer on the beach somewhere....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom