The cost of PADI certification in your area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in Juneau, it's $450, and includes:

Student pack/classroom sessions
Three pool sessions (last session is a drysuit class in preparation for the OW dives).
4 open water dives, inc. drysuit/equipment.

Students provide their own mask, fins, and snorkel.

I'm kind of surprised that it's comparable to a lot of other places in the lower 48, considering the need for drysuits.

Michael

We were certified by an LDS in the Bay Area for $175.00 each! For $50.00 more we got our Nitrox Cert. at the same time. The only extra we had to purchase was the Nitrox and air refills from the Monterey dive shop, our manuals, and fins, snorkel and mask.

Mine was 'only' 250 at the Y. However this did not include another 80 for the student materials, 125 for rentals for the OW dives, 50 bucks to get into the OW site for the weekend of the dives, or any of the gear I had to buy (was required to buy hood, gloves, approx 20lbs in weights, and knife for OW checkout dives) in addition to the standard mask, fins, boots, snorkel combo. I thought my husbands course in Bermuda was expensive at 550 (including all), until I realized how much my 250 class had cost me.

String:
A few reasons for this, firstly the dreaded £ = $ where PADI charge $15 for a PIC in america and £15 for a PIC in the uk, same for manuals etc.

You know... that's because of the required translations from American to English.

Things such as "demand valve" for second stage. Pile of dive junk instead of "kit"

Its no wonder most people choose to learn abroad for 1/3 the price.

I don't think they charge ladies any less. We call them "dive chicks", they don't like that "broads" thing!

Kidding aside- as previous posts show- it's apples and oranges. What's included is the deciding factor!

PS- wasn't it the Brits who have this thing about ladies in tight rubber suits? :crafty: Mrs. Peel?

divers direct in jupiter fl. is $300 + books for Open Water Cert and then if you want to do nitrox they are charging $69 for the nitrox class

Seems my local dive shop is a bit outrageous. I don't have the materials handy but I'll post what's included as soon as I can.

I got my PADI OW Cert in Maui in March 2007

Costs:
$189 for the class/dives
$56 for the Padi book pack
$30 for the Padi cert card (if you passed)
----------------
$275 total cost

They provided all equipment, I had my own mask, fins, snorkel, wet suit so i did not need to use theirs but it was offered at no additional charge.

Alot depends on your location. The cost you have quoted is about the same as we charge. $350 for books, classroom and confined water sessions. Open water dives are extra depending on where we go. Just remember, it's only a one time fee as it never expires. We do 5 confined water sessions about 2.5 hours each, 5 classroom sessions 2 hours each plus home study and open water sessions about 1 hour each. We allow extra pool sessions free included in the price, with a staff member to work on skills. We have free time to swim through hula hoops suspended and a staff member to assist with learning proper buoyancy techniques.

OWD $308
AD, AOW, Specialties, $15 each,
Nitrox $50,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom