The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Venice last weekend... where you were supposed to be

***PLEASE BE AWARE; THE BRIDGE IS A NO TAKE ZONE FOR COLLECTING. ANYONE CAUGHT TAKING ANY LIVING THING FROM THE AREA WILL BE TURNED OVER TO THE PARK RANGERS.***

Unless, like I do, you have an Aquatic Species Collecting Certiificate issued jointly by FWC and FMSEA. It is for marine educators only. The ONLY places it prohibits collecting are in State and Federal Parks and some zones in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. I must notify FWC 24 hours in advance and carry it with me (it's on waterproof paper). Now, I have never collected at the Bridge and have no intention to, but just thought I would share this information as there are other permit holding educators out there. You can ask to see it, you can call FWC to confirm. Just trying to clarify an exception to the above quoted statement.

Last edited:
I'll still end my dive and call the authorities if I see someone collecting, let them sort out if the collector has a permit or not.

I'll still end my dive and call the authorities if I see someone collecting, let them sort out if the collector has a permit or not.

Absolutely! Like I said, just wanted to let you know this permit exists. I and others mostly use it for leading groups of students. But you can collect for classroom aquarium observation. Strict rules apply with it and it has to be in the holders possession.

Better!

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Th 9 Low 4:18 AM 0.5 6:34 AM Set 8:25 AM 97
9 High 10:15 AM 2.7 8:17 PM Rise 9:54 PM
9 Low 4:27 PM 0.1
9 High 10:44 PM 3.0

F 10 Low 4:54 AM 0.5 6:34 AM Set 9:18 AM 94
10 High 10:55 AM 2.7 8:17 PM Rise 10:25 PM
10 Low 5:03 PM 0.3
10 High 11:20 PM 2.8

Thanks!

In all of the pics, folks are wearing full suits. Is the water that cold this time of year, or is it for abrasion protection? 77 sounds a lot cooler than I was expecting.

Thanks!

In all of the pics, folks are wearing full suits. Is the water that cold this time of year, or is it for abrasion protection? 77 sounds a lot cooler than I was expecting.
Someone else will have to answer that question. I'm the Nekkid diver :D

My GF gets cold really easily. She'll typically wear a 5mm + hooded vest all summer and a 7mm in the spring and fall. I wear a skin most of the time and when the water dips below 75 or so I'll use a 3/2

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom