The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are correct: 10-15 ft is about average for the bridge. But still crappy. :wink:

Want to dive with me on the north shore of Long Island where the good viz is 5-10 and the temps are rarely above 70º? LOL
I'm ecstatic with 10-15 down here.

scubajim and jet: those are some nice videos: enjoyed the color shifting and 'light shows' of each video.

scubajim: how big was that octo.... it appeared to be biggier than most I've seen judging it size by the angelfish and starfish towards the end of the video: was the hear the size of a baseball?

Jet here is a link to a video I short a few months back..hope you enjoy. If you watch you can see the octopus lets the scorpion fish go and then catches a sharptailed eel. This was taken at the debris field under the fishing pier.YouTube - Blue Heron Bridge Octopus

Mesmerizing. And why are we just now hearing about this incredible video??? Great work. I might have been too scared to stay that close to such a brute.

I definitely recognized the nice move near the end with the un-entangling from the bridge pier. :D

Kevin

This is a delayed post, as I have been busy diving here in Pompano. My wife and I dove the bridge on Monday and spent 1:40 in the water. We saw 2 octopus as well as a scorpion-fish and 2 southern rays and of course tons of fish, fireworms, and barracuda. Vis was better than 15 feet in many places on Monday.

Here are some photos, which were not taken with an underwater camera but a camera in an underwater camera bag.

CIMG1207.JPG

CIMG1216.JPG

CIMG1209.JPG

CIMG1224.JPG

CIMG1225.JPG

CIMG12261.JPG

CIMG1227.JPG

CIMG1235.JPG

CIMG1238.JPG

CIMG1239.JPG

CIMG1241.JPG

CIMG1242.JPG

CIMG1243.JPG

CIMG12581.JPG

CIMG12591.JPG

CIMG12611.JPG

scubajim and jet: those are some nice videos: enjoyed the color shifting and 'light shows' of each video.

scubajim: how big was that octo.... it appeared to be biggier than most I've seen judging it size by the angelfish and starfish towards the end of the video: was the hear the size of a baseball?

That octopus was rather large...at the start of the video it is on one of those plastic milk crates so that gives you an idea of his size.

That octopus was rather large...at the start of the video it is on one of those plastic milk crates so that gives you an idea of his size.

I just went back and watched the beginning again. You're right. Sitting on a milk crate. Man-Oh-Manischewitz!!! Seeing one that big in full hunting mode would've "scared the poo" out of me! Awesome.

Anyone going to be at the Sunday night dive and/or the following monday morning high tide? My wife and I are going to make it an overnight excursion and we enjoy meeting fellow SB members.

Anyone going to be at the Sunday night dive and/or the following monday morning high tide? My wife and I are going to make it an overnight excursion and we enjoy meeting fellow SB members.

I'll see you there Guy. I'll be heading down from W. Melbourne and going over to Force-E about 6.

Bob

zoinks, wowwie zowie, holy moly and cowabunga: that was a big octo. I tend to agree with Jet: I'd have been washing my wet suit when I got home that evening!! that was a great video.

I'll see you there Guy. I'll be heading down from W. Melbourne and going over to Force-E about 6.

Bob

Great! We will be there about the same time (maybe 6:15 to 6:30) to rent tanks, and we plan to be at the park about 7:00 to gear up and hit the water about 7:30. HIgh is around 8:30 I believe. We usually go from about an hour before high to about 1/2 hour after, looking around in the sand for the first 1/2 hour while the current subsides and then heading to the bridge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom