The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have a good water temp web site for BHB/Phil Foster? CoolTech's link for beachwaterquality.org is 'under construction'.

Any idea when the water temp will be in the mid 70s? 75+ I'm a warm water wuss for 2 hours dives. :)
I took down their link a while back because they were "under construction". They were back up in June 2010 for about 2 months... I keep waiting for them to update their sight... It was a good place for info

With my own site, I've been having issues with getting the calendars formatted correctly. When I designed 2010's calendars they went right into the free "NetObjects Essentials". I liked the software so much that I purchased the pro version of NetObjects Fusion and took the time to convert 495 pages over to the pro version and add another 250 built in the pro version...

I realized in October when I finished the calendars for 2011, that they changed the way they import information like the calendar of tides, and it is not backward compatible to the "Essentials". So, the site loses 250 pages if I back it down to "Essentials", or (and this is what I chose... Oops), I spend countless hours attempting to build the EZ read calendars for use with the pro version...

I am happy to say... I am almost done with the calendars and they should be up by the end of this weekend.

Comfort Dive

Video Dude and I spent 2+ hours underwater today. Water temp 72. Viz 15 ft at the best, zero at worst ... typical. In spite of the red flags the beach was crowded with families and kids - spring break this week.

His father died this weekend. What can you do with news like that? Diving restores my soul so I called him this morning and offered to take the afternoon off.

The water was full of these guys: I called them giant walnut jellies (?) They were pretty but a little bothersome. I got zapped on my lip.

giantwalnutjelly.jpg

We saw a huge, beautiful spotted eagle ray. A sea robin, flying gunards, little box crabs and a flat worm (thanks for the ID, Jim), a nice spotted moray and a yellow spotted ray who just happened into the video while shooting the eel. Two octopi in bottles (Kevin - this is how tiny they are):

bottlecalamari.jpg

Mama Seahorse was there - Baby Daddy no where to be seen. I'm sure just hiding out. Adorable little blennies every where.

It was a beautiful dive. As we were heading home he said he felt at peace and completely relaxed, which made me happy. There are more important things in life than an afternoon in the office.

jet

Good to see you Kevin,
Hope the video comes out. My images were a bit soft due to the cloudy water but it was still a lovely dive...I spent 48 minutes with the seahorses ...time sure flies. Hope they weren't too stressed. I think I'll leave them alone for awhile.
Hope to see you there again soon.

Well, it "sorta" came out. :D At least you can tell they're seahorses.
YouTube - Seahorse pair.wmv

Kevin

Not much to show this week. I seem to be more picky about the shots I save vs. the shots I take these days... Hmmm...

And I thought I was running *out* of new things to look for down there. Tremendous stuff! Looks like you're getting comfortable with your new rig.

Kevin

Last edited:
Too cool

Even *more* new, cool stuff to search for down yonder! Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear of Video Dude's dad. Nice that you could help.

I can't tell you how many bottles I looked in last time down, and now you rub that in my face. :D Pretty cool. Can't wait to get back down there. . .

Kevin

Video Dude and I spent 2+ hours underwater today. Water temp 72. Viz 15 ft at the best, zero at worst ... typical. In spite of the red flags the beach was crowded with families and kids - spring break this week.

His father died this weekend. What can you do with news like that? Diving restores my soul so I called him this morning and offered to take the afternoon off.

The water was full of these guys: I called them giant walnut jellies (?) They were pretty but a little bothersome. I got zapped on my lip.

View attachment 91109

We saw a huge, beautiful spotted eagle ray. A sea robin, flying gunards, little box crabs and a flat worm (thanks for the ID, Jim), a nice spotted moray and a yellow spotted ray who just happened into the video while shooting the eel. Two octopi in bottles (Kevin - this is how tiny they are):

View attachment 91110

Mama Seahorse was there - Baby Daddy no where to be seen. I'm sure just hiding out. Adorable little blennies every where.

It was a beautiful dive. As we were heading home he said he felt at peace and completely relaxed, which made me happy. There are more important things in life than an afternoon in the office.

jet

nice videos

Well, it "sorta" came out. :D At least you can tell they're seahorses.
YouTube - Seahorse pair.wmv

Kevin

Here's another video I tried a while back. Was reminded of it this past weekend when I ran across another one of these bizarre critters. Haven't gotten around to editing the more recent video of that (larger) one. I took a bunch of photos, as well, but there's nothing about the photo that would make anyone think there was a creature involved. :D YouTube - Little crab.wmv

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_6183wdecorator.jpg
    IMG_6183wdecorator.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6198wa.jpg
    IMG_6198wa.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Condolences, VideoDude. So sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/