The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello, I am the owner of Admirals Club of Singer Island. We are adjacent to the Blue Heron Bridge. Our address is 2615 Lake Drive, Singer Island, 33404. We are trying to get the word out to the dive community about our site and situation. We have been working with Force E dive shop, allowing them to dive our backyard and in return they refer us for lodging. The owner Skip and his crew could not be nicer. They are very courteous and professional. We provide 2 bedroom apts. for rent with access to Blue Heron Bridge from our backyard. I hope I am not ruffling feathers from doing some self promotion on a dive site but this seems like the perfect forum. Our website is ADMIRAL'S CLUB - Home.
This IS the perfect forum and thanks for posting.

Questions (I certainly don't want to fill your parking spaces with local divers/non-guest divers).

I see you have north, east side access, and I have a taken a number of southern ray pictures from under your exact dock.

Please PM me with some information about your post here. It appears you are offering "limited" access to the north, east side of Blue Heron Bridge. This would be a fantastic opportunity for some, but there are a number of things to think about before you make the offer here (I want to talk about some of the issues that I am sure you have already thought about...)

Hello, thanks for the vote of confidence on this thread. We are offering access to our backyard to any guests staying with us. We rent long and short term. We have a 2 night minimum. I forgot to mention our convenience for doing night dives. Our e-mail is admiralsclub@aol.com

Capt Rich,
Here is an idea....have an "open house", serve coffee, soft drinks etc, after the next big dive day at the BHB...like on a Saturday after high tide....get a bunch of the BHB diving crowd to decide it would be fun to go over and visit, and to see what your facility is like. I'd suggest you guys pull one of the night diving permits like force E does, but I don't know how you would deal with the parking of that many divers....
Get enough BHB divers to stop by and see your place, and the word of mouth following will be huge.

Capt Rich,
Here is an idea....have an "open house", serve coffee, soft drinks etc, after the next big dive day at the BHB...like on a Saturday after high tide....get a bunch of the BHB diving crowd to decide it would be fun to go over and visit, and to see what your facility is like. I'd suggest you guys pull one of the night diving permits like force E does, but I don't know how you would deal with the parking of that many divers....
Get enough BHB divers to stop by and see your place, and the word of mouth following will be huge.
One thing... A night diving permit from this location is not needed. It is only needed when diving from Phil Foster beach at the bridge :cool2:

Hello, thanks for the vote of confidence on this thread. We are offering access to our backyard to any guests staying with us. We rent long and short term. We have a 2 night minimum. I forgot to mention our convenience for doing night dives. Our e-mail is admiralsclub@aol.com

Are the rooms pet friendly?

Thnx

Does anyone have a good water temp web site for BHB/Phil Foster? CoolTech's link for beachwaterquality.org is 'under construction'.

Any idea when the water temp will be in the mid 70s? 75+ I'm a warm water wuss for 2 hours dives. :)

We are starting to see readings in the low 70's so you are only 2-3 weeks away from the high 70'a.

I'm interested in a water temp site as well.

Not much to show this week. I seem to be more picky about the shots I save vs. the shots I take these days... Hmmm...

I wouldn't have kept this one except for the baby I found on the branch in front of the adult

flabelinawithbaby110312-011.jpg

This Batfish posed nice for me
batfish110312-01.jpg

We never find enough juvenile cushion stars
cushionstar110312-011.jpg

Now, my personal favorites....

Flatworm
flatworm110312-01.jpg

... and one we all know is there by the way it flits across the bottom, but no one I know of has gotten a good image of....
Common Squat Lobster!
commonsquatlobster110312-01.jpg

The rest are similar to last week's shots, so I'll refrain from posting them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom