The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were able to get a couple parking spots at 11:45am. I might be able to post some pics from my buddies later. I don't think the low vis was from the divers though, it was because it was wavy out in the ocean stirring up the beach, so the water coming in wasn't clear like it has been. We got in before the bulk of the divers, and it was murky the whole time.

I finally got to see a frogfish, so that made my day. I was leading around some co-workers that are newly certified so I didn't get to hang with my photog buddies. My GF saw 3 different frogfish while shooting pics.

Hermit Crab and I dived yesterday up there. It was a zoo. Thought getting there by 12:30 was good enough, and we still had to drive around looking for a parking spot. We dived the west span. Went straight out getting her relaxed under water. Saw a small black seahorse free swimming. Then headed under the bridge and saw a smallish yellowish/tan frogfish. As we were coming back, the vis suddenly dropped and I looked up to see a bunch of divers who had no idea how bad they were muckign up the water. Good dive, but waaay too many divers!

My version is different from Jim's. I got in early 1.5 hr before slack & had the maybe preg seahorse to myself. He is moving around a lot & I didn't see his mate. There is also a big black mantis shrimp hanging around nearby on the lines. The viz was great but yes there were many divers. I spent most of my time on the far north. Under the bridge I found flying gurnards & eels no seahorses this time. Tell Kelly the jawfish has released the clutch she saw on Weds & has new eggs Pink no eyes They do this 2-4 times a month & hold them for ~5days although I saw the eyes on Thurs which was 5-6 days after I saw the same fish with just pink eggs Also found a small straited frogfish south of the bridge which I showed a few divers. 2 stingrays a med size north of the bridge & the bigger one south side That big boat that was blocking the small sunk motorboat wasn't there YEAH! See you soon
Deb (no pics worth posting yet)

Thanks for the report Debby. I'm back in town, and will be there Saturday. :D

Great news on the departure of the floating camper.

Here are a few I took yesterday. Viz sucked mainly due to the 100+ divers in the water. Took me 25 mins to finally find a parking spot. Oh well, good dive anyway! These were taken with stacked UCL-165 M67 Macro Lenses and the Canon G9

arrowcrabsmall.jpg

Bristleworm2small.jpg

bristlewormsmall-1.jpg

Thanks for the pics Paul. Love the close up of the arrow crab.

Here are a few I took yesterday. Viz sucked mainly due to the 100+ divers in the water. Took me 25 mins to finally find a parking spot. Oh well, good dive anyway! These were taken with stacked UCL-165 M67 Macro Lenses and the Canon G9
Very nice!

That's it! I'm buying a magnafying glass that can be strapped to my camera lens! :D

Thanks everyone! I really enjoyed my dive time while visiting Florida. I'm typing this about 30 minutes after getting home. We left at 6AM, and after traffic, road work, and fuel stops, we finally made it home around 10pm.

I had a wonderful time while in Florida. I logged 19 dives to include BHB, West Palm Beach, Jupiter, and 2 springs.

Take a look at some of my pictures from my adventures. I have only had time to post a few as my computer (vista) took a dump on me yesterday. Hopefully I can retrieve my files, and it appears that a mac is in my future. =)

I look forward to visiting BHB again very soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom