The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seem a lot had a great time at last Saturday's Potluck gathering....
Here are some of the pictures I took..... Enjoy and it was a pleasure meeting some new diver's

Attachments

• tilefish 1.jpg
    tilefish 1.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 84
  • FRENCH4.jpg
    FRENCH4.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 79
  • BABY FRENCH1.jpg
    BABY FRENCH1.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 80
  • FRENCH JUV.jpg
    FRENCH JUV.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 86
  • EEL2.jpg
    EEL2.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 82
Love the baby French! That is one tiny fish!

Sold on Blue Heron Bridge. My FL trip will include this bridge this January. I may end up traveling solo so may need to find a buddy. Will let you know.

Hi Everyone. I hope this is okay to post here. I'm looking for a BHB dive buddy tue dec 21st. This place looks amazing, I can't tell you how many hours I've spent looking at all the wonderful pictures in this thread.

You saw high tide is around 8:00am?

Blue Heron Bridge

You may also want to try the BHB Fan page on Face Book.

Sorry I have to work.

You saw high tide is around 8:00am?

Blue Heron Bridge

You may also want to try the BHB Fan page on Face Book.

Sorry I have to work.

I saw that, just wishing I could find an early riser to show me around. I have those three days to pack in as much diving as possible. Then its back to cold california water.

Seem a lot had a great time at last Saturday's Potluck gathering....
Here are some of the pictures I took..... Enjoy and it was a pleasure meeting some new diver's

Very cool. Wide angle macro?

Kevin

Thanks for all of the great comments. I have learn over time with patience's and listening to others. That almost anyone can take great shots.

Now the great part. These shots are with a Olympus C-5050, Ikelite case, Ikelite WA-20 Wide Angle lens, (1) DS 50 Strobe and a EV controller. Not a $2K-$4K camera set up

Tall Guy thinks I’m nuts for wanting to get up before dawn to go diving after working the last seven days straight, including many late nights. But it’s how I re-gain balance.

Of course there was a bit of sanity questioning myself at 7:30am when the Video Dude and I pulled into the parking lot. Outside air temp 51 degrees. The Dude calls this “Viking Diving.” Water temp 73.

But the sun was bright and the best viz I’ve seen in a long time: at least 30 feet. From the south side of the pilings looking north you could see all three sets and beyond. It got a little murky by the boat channel but you could still easily see through to all the fish swimming in the channel.

Everything seemed sleepy this morning. I did not see my “friend,” the maroon octopus. But two other big ones were close by, tucked tight in their holes. I dangled my flashlight strap and one tentacle grabbed so hard I was afraid I was going to lose my ikelite!

Our plan was to swim to the west end and putter around the wall and between the pilings. We saw lots of eels today – mostly the smaller spotted morays. At 1000 psi we were planning to head under the Sumar. Of course I got distracted by a beautiful chorus of aquatic angels and lost track of the time.

At 800 psi we turned towards the south. It turns out our timing was perfect. Directly in front of us swam one, no-make-that-four, no-make-that-ten (!!!) spotted eagle rays. Wow.

Just as we headed back in the giant southern ray floated gracefully in front of us.

Today was one of those days where two hours is not enough. I wished I had brought two tanks. I would have happily switched and gone right back in the water.

Attachments

• angel.jpg
    angel.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 497
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom