The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric, just go ahead and tell us. Enquiring minds want to know!

HI Jenny - here is a pic of a belted sandfsh I saw at BHB last November. Is this what you saw?

Nov_11_09_Dive_112-1_Large_.jpg

That's him! Saw him again on Sunday. Also saw the juvi black grouper again in the same spot.

Sunday's dive, the vis was way down but it could have been because of the monster classes there! At one time I looked up to see a herd of arm finning divers coming at me. There were at least 15!!! Most were having problems dropping down and were only a couple feet from the surface, but finning away with their arms, following the person (would hate to call them diver) in front. Some did manage to get low and they rewarded their efforts by kicking up the bottom. I kept trying to avoid that group (and another of 5-6) but they wouldn't go play somewhere else.
At one time, I was all alone. :) I took my time along the wall on the east and enjoyed the solitude, the bazillions of crabs and everything else, when I get bumped. Diver. Antoher diver. More divers. Vis dropped to almost nothing. :shakehead::shakehead:

The octopi didn't want to play. He just stared at me wishing I would go away. So I did and looked for other critters. Found the mantis hole Sport found on Saturday, but no shrimp inside. It's a big hole! Also found a baby spotted moray. Couldn't have been more than 5-6". What a cutie!!

All in all a good dive though, and glad I made the drive. 2 dives, 1:45 each = good weekend diving!

That's him! Saw him again on Sunday. Also saw the juvi black grouper again in the same spot.

That's interesting. The one I saw was under the eastern span. I remember because I had never seen one before and took a picture so I could ID it when I got back home. Maybe the one I saw moved over to the western span because of the construction :)

In actuality it would either be charged as aggravated battery, or throwing a deadly missile. The deadly missile charge is more severe than the agg batt. And I do not know what POP is and I am a bail bondsman.

I am cautious with the whole Agg batt or Deadly Missle charges. I know some pass them out like coupons at publix. I'd have to see the size of the rocks etc etc. I know I know, speed is everything with projectiles.

The case law reads about a rubber hose garden hose used to beat his fenceline nieghbor. The state lost the case as the garden hose is not sufficent to cause grave bodily harm.

Although the charge could fit. I'd have to have more info.. I was thinking of small pebble size things and them being tossed.. not palm sized Biblical Stones being hurled.

onefastpony--- PS -- ALWAYS good to know a BAILBONDSMAN!! Nice to meet you..

That's interesting. The one I saw was under the eastern span. I remember because I had never seen one before and took a picture so I could ID it when I got back home. Maybe the one I saw moved over to the western span because of the construction :)

There were two on Saturday, and one Sunday, the one I saw on Sunday was at the other end of the wall. Could be the same one, but then again.. maybe not!

How is the East span construction progressing?

Jim is the one that has been keeping tabs on it. However he is on vacation right now. lucky bum! :) I don't see anything new to report on his website (from his sig. line)
Maybe somebody else would know?

No statement. We spoke to the life guard and headed over to the west span. When we were leaving, we saw them being put in back of the car. I was probably 30-45 minutes between the time we spoke to the life guard and the time we saw them.

Not sure what POP is but I've watched Cops before so I imagine it was either warrants or mouthing off.

The perpetrators fessed up to their actions I am sure...

We are doing a 1 PM dive with Kevin at Underwater explorers on Friday July 2nd. I am wondering if we will later have enough time to dive the bridge after this....I am guessing 5-ish. The vis may be bad. Also is this simple .....do we just drive up, park and dive????
thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom