The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are doing a 1 PM dive with Kevin at Underwater explorers on Friday July 2nd. I am wondering if we will later have enough time to dive the bridge after this....I am guessing 5-ish. The vis may be bad. Also is this simple .....do we just drive up, park and dive????
thanks

Loads of info for ya here: Blue Heron Bridge

Yes, simple as park then dive.

edit: by the way, high tide on July 2nd is 1:02pm. Diving at 5pm wouldn't be good.

As Matt stated, 5pm is no good. You really have to dive the BHB on slack high tide. It's not so much about viz, as it is about current, which rips through there.

I'm diving it before noon on Friday. You absolutely will not be able to dive it around 5 p.m.

Cooltech has said earlier on this thread that he has dove the bridge at various tide times. Visibility will be different and you can be limited as far as where you can dive if the current is bookin'.

But CT has lots and lots of experience there and knows his way around. You're giving advice to someone who's never dived it before. I pray she doesn't take it.

I don't see that as giving advice, just reiterating what others have said. At least that's the way I read it. And as a general consensus, it's not a good idea to dive it at times other than high tide because the current is ripping and at low tide the vis sucks.

Yeah I wasn't giving advice, just pointing trigfunctions to answers to his questions.

Thanks Timmy, Jenny, and Debby - I didn't mean to imply that Granny Scuba or anyone else should try to dive the bridge at any time other than high tide. I was just curious if anyone (other than CoolTech, as Timmy said) has dove it at low tide. I probably shouldn't have posted my question so soon after Granny Scuba's.

Thanks Timmy, Jenny, and Debby - I didn't mean to imply that Granny Scuba or anyone else should try to dive the bridge at any time other than high tide. I was just curious if anyone (other than CoolTech, as Timmy said) has dove it at low tide. I probably shouldn't have posted my question so soon after Granny Scuba's.
Gotcha. Thanks! :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom