The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great diving today. We saw 6 or 7 octopi. Also, great to see Cooltech and KBeck underwater and topside.

Bad news - I accidentally left our dive float over on the concrete near the "ramp" to get into the water near the west span of the bridge. It was a yellow inner tube type with yellow cord and a yellow handle. There was a compass and mini slate attached to the handle. The word "seahorse???" was written on the slate. If anyone found it, please let me know. Thanks!
It was good to see you again... I am sorry my mind was on something else while everyone was talking :shocked2: (I remember travelling to the Bahamas just before you arrived...)

I remember seeing your float while you were in the water, but I didn't see it after we departed the water for the car. I lost one of my flag setups last year when I pulled away from BHB and left it there... I certainly hope someone got use out of the "Nekkid Diver Association" patch on the dive flag...

If anyone else (other than the few regulars I trust) were to post these images and say they were shot a Blue Heron Bridge, I would certainly ask a lot of questions about where and how they found this at the bridge... That being said, KBeck has shots of it too and Al saw the shots on my camera at dinner. I looked but could not find the anemone these must have come from... But, it must be there hidden away somewhere!

Spotted Cleaner Shrimp
cleanershrimp1005222.jpg

cleanershrimp1005221.jpg

cleanershrimp1005225.jpg

If anyone else (other than the few regulars I trust) were to post these images and say they were shot a Blue Heron Bridge, I would certainly ask a lot of questions about where and how they found this at the bridge... That being said, KBeck has shots of it too and Al saw the shots on my camera at dinner. I looked but could not find the anemone these must have come from... But, it must be there hidden away somewhere!

Spotted Cleaner Shrimp

cleanershrimp1005221.jpg

Great shots esp this one. Worth circling the park for a spot. I am glad you are back posting pictures. You & that new camera are doing a fantastic job.

Deb... at least you got to park near the water. I was about as far away as you can get... Jim was slightly closer...

Was that you that I pointed the seahorse in the sand to?

Other than the difficulty finding a "legal" parking spot... I had a great dive at the bridge. I had an O/W student with me and one newly certified... (certified on the morning dive) with me... and of course... Scott my DM was with me... the students and Scott had a real treat... Octopi everywhere... Seahorse... Spotted eagle ray.. Sea robin... jawfish... a very good day of diving... finished the day off at PA's BBQ with Jim and Krista...

Deb... at least you got to park near the water. I was about as far away as you can get... Jim was slightly closer...

Was that you that I pointed the seahorse in the sand to?

Other than the difficulty finding a "legal" parking spot... I had a great dive at the bridge. I had an O/W student with me and one newly certified... (certified on the morning dive) with me... and of course... Scott my DM was with me... the students and Scott had a real treat... Octopi everywhere... Seahorse... Spotted eagle ray.. Sea robin... jawfish... a very good day of diving... finished the day off at PA's BBQ with Jim and Krista...

Yes that was me if it was the yellow seahorse.Thank you. I didn't know it was you. Been too long & everyone looks alike under water-everyone except the Nekkid diver (well at least in winter)! There was another brown seahorse a few feet away. Yes the ocotos are back & lots of them. The striated frogfish are there too but I have yet to see one. Warm weather is drawing the crowds & soon the only "good" dives will be early morning when you can find parking.
PS here is pic not too good as he wouldn't stay still for me.
P5227260_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
CoolTech, those shrimp photos are incredible.
Could you post a little about your camera set up and settings for those of us who aspire to great photos?

The camera setup is Canon Powershot A570 IS with Ikelite housing. The shrimp shots were taken in "auto" mode with a +10 wet diopter added to the Ikelite housing... no flash.

Some more shots from yesterday (KBeck just found her "Super Macro" mode on her new camera... I think I'm in for a treat with her next underwater photos):

Blue Angelfish
blueangelfish1005222.jpg

blueangelfish1005221.jpg

Juvenile Angelfish
juvenileangelfish10052211.jpg

juvenileangelfish10052231.jpg

juvenileangelfish10052221.jpg

French Grunt
frenchgrunt1005221.jpg

Pipefish
pipefish1005221.jpg

Seaweed Blenny
seaweedblenny1005221.jpg

Octo in a bottle
octobottle10052211.jpg

Lobster Mobster
lobster10052221.jpg

Jim,

Thanks for those great pictures. Beautiful.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom