The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice. Wonder what happened to the juvie angelfish, maybe something tried to eat it and missed?

Hey, I have been there! I don't know if I could find it again. I was scootering at the time. I believe I posted about it on e-divers.

There is also a soft orange coral head, but it is in a different direction.
Bill

OK, I was working on ISO and aperture and fstop settings... no strobe...

I stumbled upon a reef at Blue Heron Bridge. Don't ask me where I found it... I'm not telling

Shots from "Secret Reef"
secretreef10-05-2012.jpg

Some other shots from 5-20-2010:

Interesting lighting (since I didn't use strobes or focus light and he was about 10' from me)
Bullnose Ray
bullnoseray10-05-201.jpg

Burfish
burfish10-05-201.jpg

Pike Blenny in a bottle
pikeblenny10-05-201.jpg

pikeblenny10-05-202.jpg

Gorgonians
gorgonian10-05-202.jpg

Seaweed Blenny in a bottle
seaweedblenny10-05-201.jpg

seaweedblenny10-05-203.jpg

Wreck near the channel
wreck10-05-204.jpg

wreck10-05-201.jpg

.... I spent most of my time attempting to get a shot of this guy...
Gold Line Sea Goddess
goldlineseagoddess10-05-2005.jpg

goldlineseagoddess10-05-2011.jpg

goldlineseagoddess10-05-2014.jpg

goldlineseagoddess10-05-2017.jpg

goldlineseagoddess10-05-2013.jpg

goldlineseagoddess10-05-2006.jpg

goldlineseagoddess10-05-2009.jpg

---
We're going to the zoo on Saturday morning and probably do the bridge in the afternoon, weather permitting :wink:

Nice. Wonder what happened to the juvie angelfish, maybe something tried to eat it and missed?
No, nothing like that. He's just a normal "teen" angelfish. He's still losing the juvenile lines but hasn't reached adult status yet. He was about the size of my fist

Very nice. One of the things I have problems with is field of view (or depth of field, can't remember what it is called) when I shoot macro. Does anyone have a fix for this. Jim doesn't yet.

Actually the dorsel fin looks like he got a bite taken out. Looks like he's part triggerfish! LOL

Very nice. One of the things I have problems with is field of view (or depth of field, can't remember what it is called) when I shoot macro. Does anyone have a fix for this. Jim doesn't yet.
My camera has a "query" mode that splits the frame into 9 equal parts. I can "sample" up to three of those areas on a shot. I just haven't gotten to that part of the camera yet :D

To increase depth of filed you must close the aperture, ie, go to a higher number.

In other words f8 has a larger depth of filed than f4.

If that answers your question.

Yes, I realize that it is not a simple answer as shutter speed and possilby ISO can or will factor in to it.

Field of view is very different. That is the width the lens can obtain and not related to the part of a shot in focus.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom