The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, all you BHB regulars, I will be returning from Key Largo to Jacksonville on Monday, June 28th. High tide is scheduled for approximately 11 AM. The info I have read says we should be ready to get in the water about 10:30, so the timing could work for a stop along the way.

We are traveling by motor home, towing a small car. The motor home is 35' and the car adds another 10', although it could be disconnected. Is there room to park and get turned around with a rig this big on your average week day?

If you can only dive one side of the bridge, which side would you choose?

Thanks,
Herb

you'll only be able to dive the west side or sand area south of the park due to construction on the east span. I'd call the park to ask about parking an RV. There is a trailer parking area that should fit an RV and car, but I am not sure you won't be ticketed.

Phil Foster Park

You will definitely be ticketed, if you park in the boat trailer slots. You must have a permit to park in the boat trailer slots, and you can't buy one at the park. Details for the parking permit are on the website. Still no charge to launch a boat there, but you can't park a truck and trailer there without the permit.

Drat! I thought it looked different..
Thanks! :rofl3:

Ready to go diving with me?? :D
Not if you're carrying the TARGET dive flag! :rofl3:

Yup I am, especially if we could catch another night dive!

Anybody diving this weekend?

Perhaps, but I would like a better description of events. I could think of many people who would jump into the water in their street clothes to assist someone screaming for help

That story sounds pretty funky, I saw at least 40 divers in the water today and no one seemed to have difficulties. Also the current was very reasonable today, I had a very novice diver with me today, it was only his second time in the water(and first at that location) we didn't have any problems. Not to sound mean but if a diver can't do that dive then they really need to work on their skills. They probably went under the bridge too early, its amazing what a couple of minutes can do for slack tide.

Fishy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom