The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kev - I ended up with a DIN to yoke valve insert in one of my tanks that I'll assume belongs to the boat. Remind me when I'm there next :)

PHHHTTTT, yokes are for strokes.

Hey, a quick update on the ocean after the far miss by Ike. We had some prolonged and powerful winds coming from the easterlies, which normally brings in blue water, however Ike must have churned things up south of us enough that we're getting pretty bad viz despite the easterly winds. I just took a look at the inlet to see if a trip tomorrow was feasible. Vis from the beach to about 100 yards offshore was less than 1 foot, whitish green. As I looked farther and farther offshore, the water did eventually get greener and greener, but not much. Well offshore, I did see some nice blue water, but I'm gonna estimate that it's about 600 feet deep at the green/blue color change. My best estimate for viz on the reef is 10-15'. I'll look again tomorrow and keep you guys updated, but right now it's not looking good for diving, at least for today and tomorrow.

It doesn't look *that* bad..... blue water looks fairly close to shore at the moment.

zoo001.jpg

It doesn't look *that* bad..... blue water looks fairly close to shore at the moment.

zoo001.jpg

That's one of the beautiful things about the ocean here... it changes constantly. I'll take another peek in person on my way home tonight and update it.

Well, I stopped at the beach on the way out of work, and while it was a little bit better than it looked this afternoon, it still isn't looking too hot. I'd have to say that either the webcam is a bit misleading, or that it got better and then worse again by the time I got out of work. I'm still gonna estimate vis on the reef in the 15' range right now.

I was going to try to sneak out and go diving myself in the morning, but I think at this point I'll just sleep in. I'll check again tomorrow and give another update.

Okay, here's the latest on the ocean over here. The crappy green/white water is still on the beach and extends out about 100 yards offshore, however the water outside of that appears to be pretty darn blue. There is a little bit of a milky look to it, but I think that vis out on the reef outta be fairly good. Maybe 70'... I'll tell you for sure tomorrow.

thanks alot for keeping us up onthe conditions. we had some incredible dives this weekend. A few of the pictures are posted on the thread. We could not have asked for better conditions!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom