The biggest problem with Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a great discussion yesterday with one of the early cave divers who had associated with Scubapro back in the day when their stab jacket was the BC of choice and Scubapro made them for a variety of companies. The factory sat on the US border with parts made on the US side then passed to the MX side for assembly. I also got another perspective on the whole Dive Rite/Scubapro/Soniform Transpac/Rec Tec relationship and some of the politics behind it.

You fail to understand, it is not where they source everything but where they have always sourced everything. Scubapro regulators and bits and pieces have always come from all over. When they start having the "big box" factory in Chicom land make everything for them, then that is a certain and sure indicator they have forgotten who they are and in which case, I can buy other cheap Chinese crap elsewhere or better yet, do without.

N

Back
Top Bottom