The Best UK Wreck Dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dont bother going to the new welsh place, its pretty boring (unless they've done something interesting whith it since i was there).

Good wrecks: Hunsden off northern ireland, any of the cruisers in scapa, the Lucy in west wales, Aoelean sky in weymouth.

Mike

The best result when i went to stoney was that i got to try my new underwater housing Oly PT015 before i put my c5050 in it, and result It DIDNT leak at all. Fantastic.
Murky 5 degree C. Helicopter made me pause to think " is it really" the sub was a joke but the huge Pike hiding under it was pretty cool...

my opinion anyway, hope to see something better soon as it was my first UK dive.

really depends on what depth you want to dive to.
the train wreck in cornwall, the st dunstan at lyme bay, the pommeranian and m2 at portland, the wrecks of scapa are stunning, but if you have the kit, the smyrna, the m1, the flying enteprise, the list is almost endless. luckily for us

the_dumper:
No one likes to spend 30 quid on a boat trip to see two planks of wood and a boiler, so what are the UK's best wreck dives and why?
I just want to get some idea of any decent wrecks that I have not dived on or heard of before, post your comments and we will see what is the UK's favorite wreck dive.

:rfish:

I guess I have to mention the first wreck I ever dived which was the 'Volnay' down in Falmouth. A great dive in 30+M, viz a bit ropey but loads of munitions to avoid (it was a WW2 supply ship) and some interesting marine life too.

Made all the more exciting by a group of B,B,BSAC divers arriving after we surfaced, who decided it would be fun to roll overboard while their Zodiac was passing the wreck at speed. 007, eat your heart out.

A big thanks to Ken Bazeley of Meanporth Scuba School (now Diver Liason Officer for the Coastguard) for untangling me from the superstructure by the way....

the St. Tiburcio in the moray firth is awesome

I take my hat off to any UK diver who has managed to escape stoney cove but there is worse! I did all my training from OW to DM in a muddy whole called Horsea IslandIn Portsmouth amd the Helecoptor there is cool! lol I have just returned from working in Mexico for 6 months and I am realy looking forward to teaching there! NOT!!! Still a mans got to do what a mans got to do I guess! lol
Will keep an eye on this thread for good wreck dives tho!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom