The Best Hangover Treatments, as suggested by a former boozer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
sad-smiley-019.gif
Such suggestions are often popular on New Years Day - as many who are not accustomed to heavy drinking overindulge on NYE and feel like caca the next day. Even my body may be out of tone for such, as it's been many years since my heavy indulgence days, but I didn't have a drop of ethanol on NYE - just some coffee liqueur with my decaf after midnight.

Aspirin or Ibuprofen are good (I don't think much of Tylenol type OTC meds); aspirin works better with some coffee/caffeine, I don't know about Ibuprofen on that? All divers should already know this, but just in case: Whatever else you do tho, drink at least a quart of water, more if you drink coffee to offset the dehydration of that. Alcohol is dehydrating, and how many of y'all had water along with your adult beverages last night.

Thanks, Don! I hope I don't have to use it.

BTW, I just read that alcohol and aceteminophen (sp?) do not mix and can be toxic together. It was suggested that aspirin be taken for a headache. The old "Hair of the Dog" remedy is not recommended, either.

best remedy ever - big bowl of black eye peas.

we southerners eat them every new years for good luck, but it was obviously started by someone who put on a sock, then had to go back to bed to rest. then the other sock, then a little nappie. then the tooth brushing, then the gagging...

anyway, they are hot, bland, and salty. just perfect for the morning (ok, noon) after! not that i would know anything about that...

I have my black eyed peas ready.

Black eyes, aka Cow Peas, became a tradition in the south during the depression as they kept many poor people (like my ancestors) alive, and it's also tradition here that whatever you enjoy on New Years Day will be your fate for the year - so if you eat well, you won't starve that day. Traditions are nice, but they are certainly bland! My Gawd, they're Cow Peas. Never cared for them or ice tea - neither one of which is actually good for a hangover.

Gimme pintos with jalapenos & onions, please. Actually a well balanced meal, and tasty. Cow Peas, yuck.

For me 8 oz of Gatorade before going to bed does the trick – but if that doesn’t do the trick O2 in the morning really helps.

A good housekeeper and breakfast in bed.

1) Lots of water the night before
2) Ibuprofen in the AM
3) A good breakfast. I favor the MCpancakes & Sausage.
4) More Gatorade.
5) As a last resort, Tequila

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom