The beauty of learning by disassembling.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My Oceanic ProPlus2 lost one button and flooded catastrophically at 50'.

I guess nothing lasts forever, and I realized that I liked that computer very much.
Not better than the Datamask but i know that it will crap out soon too and I want to have a backup ready when it does. I went online to find the ProPlus2 and turns out they are way up on models since that #2, made me wonder if it was an iPhone.
Anyways I bought the ProPlus3 from Leisure Pro and promise myself to be more careful with his unit, even started to design a padded bag to store between uses and a better attachment point for whenever the mask gives up her ghost.
When the computer arrived in its shiny box, I see the hose is a garden variety HP hose .... are you kidding me?
All my plans to treat the unit with care went out he window.
I'm hard on the gear, when I read all the procedures people follow after each dive, I look out to the boat and recognize my stuff hasn't been touch and is probably wet.
But what? remove the HP hose at the end of each day to store the unit? Nah, that's not gonna happen.

Ok sorry for all that blabber here comes the disassembling and the learning.

Removing the hose reveals the little spindle.. just like it would for a regular analog gauge. So went to the crapped out and voilá the quick disconnect is not built in the unit. It is a stand alone part that I'm planning to throw into the acoustic cleaner so whenever the masks goes out i have a functional computer that can be easily maintained.

So for the people that ends up with the DataProPlus2 without the original hose, know that a normal HP hose will work if you remove that adapter.
IMG_20201205_070940380.jpg

You can also buy the ProPlus3 with the QD hose already installed.

Reactions: Ana
Ok did not see that option, thanks.

Ok did not see that option, thanks.
Also the QD alone by itself is regularly found on Ebay and message boards. We've all removed the QD because it is a known flood entry point when rinsing if you do not exactly follow mfg instructions and ALWAYS have the hose filled with pressure when in any water even spray rinsing. If the PP floods, it's warranty denied always. Ask all the Force E tech's down your way. Salt crystals build up in the QD seals and leaks while rinsing if not attached to a tank while in the rinse tub. IMHO, the QD sucks.

Yeah there's very little risk of any of my gear getting damaged due to rinsing.. not proud just my reality .

The previous unit was left on the hose from the day I got it until one of the 2 buttons dislodged. During the dive i kept it tucked between the plate and my back ...is easy for me to pull it out, check and back out of he way.
Whenever new one becomes active it will be clipped to a D ring.on the front.

I guess seeing the hose had that QD built in, i figured the male side on the unit was also built in.

Back
Top Bottom