The Average Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more for you.

Done :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I am currently in the process of completing an analysis of the diving industry for a business course

Then you must know, for it is taught in Statistics (during the nomenclature portion), there is no such thing as an "average diver". You might research the characteristics of a "diver on average", but you might be headed to the big F before you tabulate your results.

Just sayin'.

(I did your survey)

Wonder why you cut off the age at 46? Disposable income maxes after the kids are done with college (50+) and physically we can continue easy until 70ish. Unlike many other "sports", divers age well.

I did the survey, but it did not really give me the opportunity to answer accurately. Most of my diving is about a 4 hour drive away, and I stay in a hotel for the weekend, or sometimes a little longer. Is this a vacation? You did include just a couple days listed as vaction. But this is what I call my local diving, and I do it about twice a month.

Also, I travel on business or for the purpose of attending important family functions (ie wedding) and will try to add a little diving to it. Most of the time when I travel just for diving, its to attend some training that I can't get closer to home.

I seldom look to add other recreational activities to diving travel, since I want to take advantage of the opportunity to dive.

So I guess I am not average.

Done.

But as per phil_c my answers will not make any sense. None of the questions draw any facts about my scuba versus non scuba travel. If you substituted the word tennis for scuba my answers would not change. And I do not play tennis...

Maybe I do not understand how survey questions are derived?

Hit it. More activity options please. Kite surfing, paragliding, drinking, whoring etc.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I don't think you will find any average divers on ScubaBoard. Our demographic is heavily skewed toward people who take diving rather more seriously than the average.

Back
Top Bottom