The AquaLung legend series 1st stage has MP hose ports vs traditional LP hose ports. Could I use the MP ports for my LP port needs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Description on scuba.com
Number of PortsHP: 2
MP: 4

Also what would the difference really be in choosing between a yoke or din for this first stage. Would either selection open up new opportunities for a specific type of dive/ restrict when choosing one against the other?

Have you already purchased this regulator? If not, why do you want to do so? I sold mine years ago because of their poor hose routing.
(To answer your question, "MP" appears to just be Aqualung marketing jargon for a standard LP port.)

You want to dive in subzero conditions at 150ft and you’re asking about DIN vs Yoke? Mind you, you’ve already bought your reg set.

I’d advise asking the shop monkey who sold you the Aqualungs for advice. The same one who told you that “people online don’t have any idea what they’re talking about”.

You want to dive in subzero conditions at 150ft and you’re asking about DIN vs Yoke? Mind you, you’ve already bought your reg set.

I’d advise asking the shop monkey who sold you the Aqualungs for advice. The same one who told you that “people online don’t have any idea what they’re talking about”.
I was just thinking about it. I thought I decided but now getting cold feet. Regulator purchase has been overwhelming and killing me. It would be easier to just buy it after my OW class but I’m in a special predicament. I have all my gear but the regulator. And won a $1.5k gift card from work. It expires on the 23rd of this month. 2 weeks before my OW class ends. This is why I’m asking questions in the manner I am. Apart from me also just being an idiot.

Don't get an Aqualung reg now. They are having financial problems and have been unable to provide service and replacement parts recently.

Are you taking the class through a shop? What regs are they a dealer for? It seems like you might need the personal service you can get from purchasing from a good local dive store.

Don't get an Aqualung reg now. They are having financial problems and have been unable to provide service and replacement parts recently.

Are you taking the class through a shop? What regs are they a dealer for? It seems like you might need the personal service you can get from purchasing from a good local dive store.
My local shop is almost exclusive aqualung. Would that be an issue for them? They’re closed today. I can’t really call now

How would Aqualung’s financial challenges impact the ability to get their regs serviced? They don’t service them themselves. Also, service parts remain widely available. I just had two if mine serviced without issue including the replacement of a Venturi assist lever.

My local shop is almost exclusive aqualung. Would that be an issue for them? They’re closed today. I can’t really call now
Ouch. Go read this thread and then you can talk to them about it tomorrow:

I doubt the brand will go away, but if it ends up going through bankruptcy or a reorganization, bad things can happen to parts availability or the ability to get your warranty honored.

Ouch. Go read this thread and then you can talk to them about it tomorrow:

I doubt the brand will go away, but if it ends up going through bankruptcy or a reorganization, bad things can happen to parts availability or the ability to get your warranty honored.
Just bought the legend MBS today lol. And I work for tech industry. This happens all the time. A player like aqualung going down is something like china about to get de throned. Players like Russia, USA, etc will come swarming to pick it up and rebrand. Gain brand specific knowledge etc. some companies who have the budget will just absorb the debt to write it off in taxes. There’s so many ways stuff like this will end up in a merger/acquisition long before someone says ok shops closed no more business. That won’t happen from a brand like this.

Back
Top Bottom