1st Stage Adapters for Single Tank Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please ensure you maintain those fittings. I promise they’ll leak if not lubed annually and not made by Omniswivel. There are times that are convenient for their use, but I never found a pair of MK17 to be one of them.
Thanks for the tip, so far they haven’t failed on me.

I am using two 90 degree adapter with MK17 Evo on twinset configuration, makes life lot easier. However I never seen 45 degrees adapter, only one I found that is not 90 degree was 110 degrees.
Why would you need this on a twinset? Any pictures?

I have a 90deg elbow LP adapter on my stage/diluent sling bottle. It improves the hose routing for the off-board connector that attaches to my KISS CCR unit. I've been using the same omniswivel elbows since 2007. I clean them and change the o-ring every few years and they've always worked great.

Why would you need this on a twinset? Any pictures?

Sorry, i was really busy and I completely forgot that request of yours.

677A8A2E-BAD7-4F27-A460-6478097983CC.jpeg

You’re using a low reliability, dynamic swivel, (third party?) on the one reg that always has to work when you need it, to avoid a slight bend in a hose :/
Define low reliability?

They have been pretty reliable to me. Is that o rings makes it low reliable?

If that’s case everything I use underwater has multiple o rings and that makes me diving “failure point” I assume.

Define low reliability?

They have been pretty reliable to me. Is that to o rings makes it low reliable?

If that’s case everything I use underwater has multiple o rings and that makes me diving “failure point” I assume.
How many of those orings on your gear are dynamic vs static? Two o-rings per SPG spool, two o-rings per first stage swivel in your pic? I’d guess 500:1 likelihood of one of those failing vs something like the o-ring in the end of your LP hose that attaches into your second stage. I’ve played with a few of those (or ones likely from same OEM) on an inflation first stages and found them a POS and subsequently threw them out. Even the Omni-swivel ones, which are machined significantly better, have issues when not serviced frequently. Do what you will, but their use in your image is failure probe and unnecessary. Most LP hoses will begin showing signs of premature failure around the crimp. The above swivels will not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom