1st Stage Adapters for Single Tank Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've seen several examples of angled adapters, usually 90 or 110 degrees, that people connect to their 2nd stages. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of similar adapters that would be suitable on the 1st stage side for purposes of hose routing in a single tank setup. Specifically, I'm thinking about long LP hose and SPG HP hose routing towards the waist area. Coming straight out of the 1st stage obviously works but isn't ideal, and something like a 90 elbow straight down seems too steep. I'd prefer to have fixed vice swivel type adapters. Anyone know of an adapter that points down at let's say a fixed 45 degrees? That seems like it would be about ideal. I know what some are going to suggest but I have a MK17 Evo with no 5th port :cool:

I've seen several examples of angled adapters, usually 90 or 110 degrees, that people connect to their 2nd stages. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of similar adapters that would be suitable on the 1st stage side for purposes of hose routing in a single tank setup. Specifically, I'm thinking about long LP hose and SPG HP hose routing towards the waist area. Coming straight out of the 1st stage obviously works but isn't ideal, and something like a 90 elbow straight down seems too steep. I'd prefer to have fixed vice swivel type adapters. Anyone know of an adapter that points down at let's say a fixed 45 degrees? That seems like it would be about ideal. I know what some are going to suggest but I have a MK17 Evo with no 5th port :cool:
I use a swiveling 90 deg adapter for my long LP reg hose. I don't think a non-swiveling one would work, because the direction it would point once screwed in in not likely the downward direction you want.

I use a swiveling 90 deg adapter for my long LP reg hose. I don't think a non-swiveling one would work, because the direction it would point once screwed in in not likely the downward direction you want.
Something like this? This would be for an HP SPG hose but something similar?

Something like this? This would be for an HP SPG hose but something similar?
Actually, here's what appears to be the DGX version for 60% less. Looks like it would work well efficiently routing a SPG hose down from a first stage.

I am using two 90 degree adapter with MK17 Evo on twinset configuration, makes life lot easier. However I never seen 45 degrees adapter, only one I found that is not 90 degree was 110 degrees.

I am using two 90 degree adapter with MK17 Evo on twinset configuration, makes like lot easier. However I never seen 45 degrees adapter, only one I found that is not 90 degree was 110 degrees.
Please ensure you maintain those fittings. I promise they’ll leak if not lubed annually and not made by Omniswivel. There are times that are convenient for their use, but I never found a pair of MK17 to be one of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom