The Aqualung Discussion [ Moved ]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you NetDoc for allowing us to voice our opinion about the subject matter. I for one would love to see the perceived price fixing issue go away. Company's like AL make it tuff on people like myself who have to buy two sets of equipment as my 16 year old son is my dive buddy. I want to buy the most reliable equipment for the best price possible. AL has lost my future business and I intend to spread the word to other divers about their lousy business practices.

I have never purchased anythig from Phil nor have I ever met or spoken to him, but I have certainly gained a great deal of respect and would be willing to donate to any defense fund that may be required should the need arise. Let's hope that AL does not cut their nose off despite themselves. It would appear that the Scubaboard could be a very powerful format to reach those that purchase equipment from the manufacturers.

It would be nice to have the e-mail contacts for the responsible parties at AL to start a campain. These dive equipment manufacturers need to understand that they are pricing diving out of the reach of the common individual.

Mitten Diver:
Thank you NetDoc for allowing us to voice our opinion about the subject matter. I for one would love to see the perceived price fixing issue go away. Company's like AL make it tuff on people like myself who have to buy two sets of equipment as my 16 year old son is my dive buddy. I want to buy the most reliable equipment for the best price possible. AL has lost my future business and I intend to spread the word to other divers about their lousy business practices.

I have never purchased anythig from Phil nor have I ever met or spoken to him, but I have certainly gained a great deal of respect and would be willing to donate to any defense fund that may be required should the need arise. Let's hope that AL does not cut their nose off despite themselves. It would appear that the Scubaboard could be a very powerful format to reach those that purchase equipment from the manufacturers.

It would be nice to have the e-mail contacts for the responsible parties at AL to start a campain. These dive equipment manufacturers need to understand that they are pricing diving out of the reach of the common individual.

There's an old saying that goes something like this: Low Price, High Quality, Great Service... Choose any two!

I consider that a universial truism.

Don Janni:
There's an old saying that goes something like this: Low Price, High Quality, Great Service... Choose any two!

I consider that a universial truism.

Don,

Please reread my post, I said most reasonably priced. I don't expect to get anything for free, but I have to work very hard for my money and you will never get rich buy giving it away. I have purchased many items from the brick and morters, I have also purchased gear from the likes of Tobin via the internet.

H2Andy:
anybody can sue anyone for anything

the mere threat of legal action needs to be taken seriously, because defending
even a spurrious claim can be costly

it used to be that big shots sent thugs with baseball bats to keep the little guys
in line

now they send the lawyers and the threat of lawsuits

thankfully, not everyone operates this way. but those companies that do
can really ruin your business if they want to.
Got your pro bono time in yet this year? Maybe you could help Phil out. . .:D

I never have liked Aqualung. I do like Suunto but I think Solomon owns them now, yes? Everybody knows Aqualung acts like this. I have no problem avoiding their products. Wow, that Phil has an amazing reputation.--not a good choice for them to attack, IMO.

Mitten Diver:

Mitten Diver,

You can find a link to a letter I drafted on the first page of this thread. This is the beginnings of a campaign in the direction that you are thinking.

I'm thinking of re-writing it to re-incorporate some of the values of the (now defunct?) Diver's Union, and to change it from focusing solely on Aqualung.

When completed, I'm considering organizing a mailing campaign here on Scubaboard, in which members who want to be involved would print out copies of the letters, and mail them anonynmously to the local dive shops in their state.

If this is an idea that has support, I suggest we start a mailing list or a seperate thread to get this project on its feet.

Of course, if this is a terrible idea, let me know and I'll scrap it =)

-Brandon.

Mitten Diver:
Don,

Please reread my post, I said most reasonably priced. I don't expect to get anything for free, but I have to work very hard for my money and you will never get rich buy giving it away. I have purchased many items from the brick and morters, I have also purchased gear from the likes of Tobin via the internet.

Copy & Paste: I want to buy the most reliable equipment for the best price possible.

Don't we all.

Please don't take that as being directed specifically to your comments. It was for everyone.

Before this all goes off on a tangent, the original issue was about an authorised dealer being able to make his own price with his customer - rather than have it dictated by the supplier. In other words letting the dealer make his own economic decisions, rather than tying him in knots so that he can't compete with whoever he wants.

Kim:
Before this all goes off on a tangent, the original issue was about an authorised dealer being able to make his own price with his customer - rather than have it dictated by the supplier. In other words letting the dealer make his own economic decisions, rather than tying him in knots so that he can't compete with whoever he wants.

A wise man recently posted - So please... continue the discussion as YOU see fit. AND Feel free to agree or disagree, but don't let ANYONE control the content of our conversations here on ScubaBoard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom