The Aqualung Discussion [ Moved ]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way to go Doc! I can't believe that this can go any way except to the detriment of such bullies. It's about time that large organizations realized that customers have opinions too - and they need to be listened to!

ScubaBoards very own "Orange Revolution"!

They can't do much to netdoc, but if Phil keeps posting on it they may have grounds to go after him. Even if they can't win in court, they could make it very expensive for him to defend.

Looking at it from the POV of a large corporation, I can see why AL would want to shut that down. On the other hand, that very action taken to protect themselves may well be the same as slitting their own throats, given the bad PR that comes from it. A calculated risk on their part.

They lost me as a customer as of right now.

Netdoc. Can you answer one question exactly? how many "reads" was it up to?

I think it was somewhere around 23,000 or 24,000 reads. A TREMENDOUS amount of intereste for a thread that was only slightly just over two weeks old. Those numbers alone should show Aqualung the reasons they should rethink their childish ways.

I guess Aqualung not only vilotates anti-trust laws about price setting, but now wants to squash our free speach laws.

I emailed them again yesterday to ask why they didn't reply to my first email. I got not reply on it either. Gutless.

NetDoc:
Phil Ellis was threatened via Law Suit by Aire Liquide (Aqualung's parent company) for airing the truth about their relationship. It is my opinion that such a law suit is meant only to bully, harass and censor the truth about how our industry operates.

NetDoc: I agree. The truth is well known in our small industry, many will attest to it from personal and documented experience. Any attempt to supress the truth will, ultimately, lose.

High priced lawyers may intimidate some. I don't think they will intimidate Phil. They obviously do not intimidate you.

It is quite obvious that Phil simply posted his honest feelings. The post struck a cord.

Many posts later a large corporation sends their lawyers into the fray.

A simple civil phone call could have solved all this.

mike_s:
Netdoc. Can you answer one question exactly? how many "reads" was it up to?

I don't think that Phil ever intened to cause Aqualung harm. I actually think he was hoping that Aqualung and Dive Sports could settle this issue so that he could start selling their product again. (I don't mean to try to speak for Phil here though....)

I don't think he was happy about the imposed pricing policy and the termination of his dealership, but I thought he handled this "discussion" with class. I think how Aqualung handled it goes without saying....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom