The Aqualung Discussion [ Moved ]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
Gary,

feel free to live your life in fear of the suits. It's not for me. After all, the last I checked, it IS still a free country and we have a right to our opinions. I have made no allegations as to the propriety of AquaLung's or Aire Liquide's actions: I have merely indicated how they make me feel. I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on the internet. However, I refuse to be BULLIED by anyone over what we choose to discuss on this board.

As for the subpoena... the thread has been archived for any such request by the courts. Nothing can be added or deleted at this point. I would consider it an honor to facilitate any public inquiry into this matter.
Bravo!

It seems to me that Aqua Lung does not have a defensible position as far as LP selling their products. If they did, one would think they would have issued a statement in their own defense rather than going straight to their lawyers.
Perhaps a new thread may be in order?

At the very least their actions show that the people here are being heard.

Diver Dennis:
It seems to me that Aqua Lung does not have a defensible position as far as LP selling their products. If they did, one would think they would have issued a statement in their own defense rather than going straight to their lawyers. Perhaps a new thread may be in order?

There are always 2 sides to a story and we'll never hear AL's side of this one.

But as you said it would appear AL heard the outcry.

Don Janni:
There are always 2 sides to a story and we'll never hear AL's side of this one.
We probably will if it actually comes to court!

NetDoc:
Gary,

feel free to live your life in fear of the suits. It's not for me. After all, the last I checked, it IS still a free country and we have a right to our opinions. I have made no allegations as to the propriety of AquaLung's or Aire Liquide's actions: I have merely indicated how they make me feel. I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on the internet. However, I refuse to be BULLIED by anyone over what we choose to discuss on this board.

As for the subpoena... the thread has been archived for any such request by the courts. Nothing can be added or deleted at this point. I would consider it an honor to facilitate any public inquiry into this matter.

Pete:

I am not afraid of the suits either. I am probably as big a Civil Libertarian as there is. However, as you indicated, neither of us is an attorney. And, as the saying goes, "Prudence is the better part of Valor."

As far as the archiving goes, I hope you can prove your claim that the thread cannot be altered. You should read up on the rules of electronic document discovery. It may be possible that, if the lawyers get into one of the threads, they can get into all of them. This is my concern; it could be a very expensive ride for you as well.

Kim:
We probably will if it actually comes to court!

It won't. Little need to worry about that. Phil couldn't afford it. Yet AL can afford it so let's just hope they don't think they have a chance of proving damages and go after him even if its just to help keep their other dealers in line.

Please don't start implying I'm on AL's side because I'm not.

anybody can sue anyone for anything

the mere threat of legal action needs to be taken seriously, because defending
even a spurrious claim can be costly

it used to be that big shots sent thugs with baseball bats to keep the little guys
in line

now they send the lawyers and the threat of lawsuits

thankfully, not everyone operates this way. but those companies that do
can really ruin your business if they want to.

mdb:
NetDoc: I agree. The truth is well known in our small industry, many will attest to it from personal and documented experience.

And in such a small industry, public relations, customer satisfaction, "word of mouth" advertising, and reputation play a massive role.

Diver Dennis:

I've got a good feeling they havn't heard the last of it.

garyfotodiver:
As far as the archiving goes, I hope you can prove your claim that the thread cannot be alteredl.
I have acted here with reasonable prudence. There is nothing more that I intend to do.

H2Andy:
anybody can sue anyone for anything

the mere threat of legal action needs to be taken seriously, because defending
even a spurrious claim can be costly

it used to be that big shots sent thugs with baseball bats to keep the little guys
in line

now they send the lawyers and the threat of lawsuits

thankfully, not everyone operates this way. but those companies that do
can really ruin your business if they want to.

Exactly!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom