The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When considering a tattoo put alot of thought into it. When i got mine i had an idea of what i wanted so what i did was i went to all the tattoo parlors in the city and found one where i was comfortable. Make sure that the tattoo has a personal meaning to you that way your less likely to get sick of it. A tattoo is something that alot of thinking should go into. I love my tattoo and i like where i put it (left shoulder blade) i can show it off and hide it. If your feeling crazy one day one get something peirced

the lower back would be the best spot, other good spots are the outer thigh and the outer calf. you can add to it or still cover it when needed.
oh and im not a woman but i do tattoos for a living.

I have two tatts. The first one I got about 11 years ago, the second one is a sting ray I had done last summer.
I would tend to agree with those that say get them where you can see them but easily hide them. (Mine are easily visible in shorts and skirts, I use concealer IF I want to hide them, which isn't often at ALL.)
Most importantly- get something you're going to like for a LOOOOOOONG time.

hey all. i was wondering if anyone had a place to search for tatoos depicting diving. I would like to get some ideas but the web does not have much! thanks

drift:
hey all. i was wondering if anyone had a place to search for tatoos depicting diving. I would like to get some ideas but the web does not have much! thanks

Not sure where to go but for most of us it seems to be a personal thing. I have dolphins jumping out of fire and water on my left hip and am getting a diver down flag put on sometime soon. Not telling you where that one is going. I am also going to have my dolphins reversed on my right hip.

Good luck on the search.

thanks Marie. I kinda just need some general ideas, but your right about it being personal thing. unfortunatly i cant draw! haha!

Fortunately, you don't have to. Find a good shop with a good artist and have him draw up some designs for you. You may even find it less expensive (tattoo artists are artists and they typically like to do their own work).

ReefGuy:
Fortunately, you don't have to. Find a good shop with a good artist and have him draw up some designs for you. You may even find it less expensive (tattoo artists are artists and they typically like to do their own work).

My dolphins were free handed and original art. From paper to my hip it took less then 30 minutes and in the past 5 years the color hasn't faded at all. It has alot of meaning and that is what it is all about.

drift:
Yes, it is very personal. But you can always get good ideas. Do a search here for tattoos. I know there have been a number of LONG threads about them and what the divers here have, some with pictures. It might give you some ideas to get started with. Let us know how it goes.

BTW, welcome to the board!

You could go to Google, click on the images tab, and do some searching for various things.. I looked udner diving, dive, fish, sea tattoo's and found some interesting ones and some weird other things..

Back
Top Bottom