The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got a tatoo in 1986 when I was in the Army, was way cool when I was 18, really wish I had not done it at 35, just my 2 cents. :54:

Most people that got married at 18 lived to regret the choice also. If ones reason for getting some form of art work done was good, then it wont be an issue later in life. Its is commonly the person that has a beer with a buddy, etc. etc. etc that ends up unhappy later on. Just my opinion.
Bill

Got my tattoo at 20 because I was at a party with a woman who was in her 40s who said she always wanted a tatoo but waited until then to get it...I didn't want to be that person. I'm never the person to wait for years for what I want. :p

carebear:
Got my tattoo at 20 because I was at a party with a woman who was in her 40s who said she always wanted a tatoo but waited until then to get it...I didn't want to be that person. I'm never the person to wait for years for what I want. :p
Carebear,Im 44 and got my first tat over the Summer,I wanted one when I was 18,however,back then I would have had to go to some back ally,know a biker, or a county fair to get it done.The first 2 choices was not for me, The place at the fair wasn't clean and the tattooist looked just as dirty, I mean Big time EWWW.How clean and safe was it to get done back then? Im glad I waited till this past Summer,My tattooist was wonderful and Im very happy with My Turtle. I like the saftey procedures that these tattoo shops must follow. Just food for thought. Turtle Gal

Dyno Bill:
I have a dear friend that has a tat of two dolphin yin and yan style on her right calf just above the ankle, it was done by a very talented artist in Hollywood Ca.lots of single needle detail with incredible color. Its a wonderful tat that is all her. Be sure about the statement you want to make and then find a good artist and enjoy.
Bill

Can you recommend the artist? Was it at Sunset Tattoo?

Yes it was at Sunset Strip, Chester was the artist but I dont believe he is still there. Little Mike is really good. Greg James was and I would imagine is still the best. I have watched him work a number of times and it doesnt get much better. My back piece was about a 70 hour piece so I spent some time there. Good luck.
Bill

Groundhog246:
70 hours!!! Got a shot of it?
Sure do, but it is too large for this board to reproduce. Send me an E-Mail address and I will send it. It is all pieces from So Cal waters, with the exception of a dragon. I think there is a small part of it on my profile page here.
Bill

Hey Gals and Guys,

I think the best suggestion I could make on this subject is this, if your unsure about getting a tattoo or where to put it in the first place, why don't you try getting a temporary one first to see if you even like it. By Temporary I don't mean the goofy stick on ones you can get for kids at the store or costume shops, I mean going to an actual tattoo artist and having them draw one which lasts a few days to a week sometimes. I did this exact thing myself while in Cozumel, always thought about putting one on the side of my breast and had them draw one one.. well after wearing that for a while I know now I sure wouldn't want it there forever.

Just my .02 on the subject... take the safe temporary route if your not sure before you do it permenantly and possibly have regrets later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom