The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a Boston Blue Crab on my upper right arm. Don't actually remember why I did it to be honest, but the colors have held up bright and crisp for 20 years. I don't think I'd get another though; well, maybe.

Get a dive flag either by itself, or with a diver across it, or a silouette of your home state.

i had a keychain of the shark jaw and the dive flag, so i drew it up and got it inked on my ankle. when i was in hawaii, since we couldnt dive the last day, what else was there to do. i went and got a tribal turtle on my chest. just some ideas to work from.

sharktat

turtletat

I personally have 8 tattoos, and all but one have a specific meaning to me as well. I too was contemplating a dive tattoo, and here is what I think I have settled on. Back of Left calf: Regtangular Dive flag, w/ skull in middle, bandanna on the head, left eye patch, and dive knife between the teeth. A trident, and a spear gun crossed (like bones) behind the head. For me it works, combines diving,adventure and my aggressiveess. My partner (we're cops too, not lovers) Has been diving for years, and he got a tribal/polineasian style shark that ties into a matching band around his arm. It turned out really cool and unique.

Tao of the Dive:
Okay, heres the deal, I promised myself at the age of 14 (I'm 29 now) that I would eventually get myself inked, and I'd limi myself to three, in slightly not too conspicuous places. That way, only people I want to see them and appreciate them will be able to. Now the question I'm having a difficult time answering is, what to get?!?!?

I'm a cop first and foremost, but having worked undercover, I'm hesitant to get a blatant "cop" tatoo. THis tatoo is going to be fairly easy, since it'll look like a shoulder patch, and be written in Greek letters so its won't be easy to interpret to the casual reader. It'll basicaly detail out information about my old undercover unit. So like I said, easy.

I also want a great diving tatoo. The only problem is, I havent really seen any great diving tatoos. And then there is 'my theme' as it were concerning the whole 'Tao' thing, which ties deeply into my line of thinking concerning/against organized religion.

SO now you've heard my quandry, anyone have any links to great dive tattoos?

Thanks for your assistance,
Tao
Food for thought, I am not against Tatoos, to each his own, but considering your former line of work as being undercover and seeing how you are quite young you may want to consider future ramafications to getting a tatoo. If you are still in Law enforcement there is a chance you may have the opportunity or desire to go back undercover. A tatoo my make that impossible (marked man so to speak). I have a realative in Law enforcement who many times changed postions with in the force, always with the intention of staying put until retirement, this has happened 6 times so far for him. Just a thought FWIW

Too many politics with my present department to go back to UC work. The guy taking our present slot was sent there because golly, he doesnt see eye to eye with the chief, so they 'punish' him by sending him there. No worries about that cropping up, as far as the cop tattoo, If I do it, It'll be the encrypted idea that I'll use.

Tao

Hi ...

I have to agree with a number of people that have replied to this post ... a tattoo is a personal thing and you should only get one that you like and put it where you want ... don't worry about what everybody else thinks.

I have 3 tattoo's and I don't regret any of them. I have a gecko lizard on my right calf ... I have a purplr calla lily just above my left breast and across my lower back I have my son's first & middle name and date of birth mixed in a tribal design. I can post some pictures in the next week or so if you would like to see a picture of them ... let me know.

Oceanna

Julie:
Did you do it?
I don't have any, nor do I want any, but if they are done classy, I enjoy looking at them on other people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom