The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i would suggest tattooing a sign that says:

This is not a Tattoo

I'd say don't do it.

There are many other options out there for skin decoration--pretty henna tatoos that are amazingly intricate and last for weeks, or stick on some pretty swarovsky crystals with eyelash glue...

don't do the tatoo thing. much better to be able to change your body art to reflect the changes going on in your life.

Okay, heres the deal, I promised myself at the age of 14 (I'm 29 now) that I would eventually get myself inked, and I'd limi myself to three, in slightly not too conspicuous places. That way, only people I want to see them and appreciate them will be able to. Now the question I'm having a difficult time answering is, what to get?!?!?

I'm a cop first and foremost, but having worked undercover, I'm hesitant to get a blatant "cop" tatoo. THis tatoo is going to be fairly easy, since it'll look like a shoulder patch, and be written in Greek letters so its won't be easy to interpret to the casual reader. It'll basicaly detail out information about my old undercover unit. So like I said, easy.

I also want a great diving tatoo. The only problem is, I havent really seen any great diving tatoos. And then there is 'my theme' as it were concerning the whole 'Tao' thing, which ties deeply into my line of thinking concerning/against organized religion.

SO now you've heard my quandry, anyone have any links to great dive tattoos?

Thanks for your assistance,
Tao

DORSETBOY:
No links but a suggestion.... got a kick arse shark done down the left side of my back, kinda like a silhouette.

Got a picture?

I had my tattoo done just over a year ago - I have to admit I was always against them - then being a woman !!! Changed my mind - I have two dolphins ( sounds tacky I know !!) however you don't actually see them at first as they are in a heart shape with their noses touching !!! All black on my lower back - took 2 hours and did hurt !!!! My husband loves it as do my daughters - even my Mum likes it !!!!!

I'd say do what feels right for you - you could always have a transfer first - and see if you like it !!

Good Luck

Tao,I don't have any links but, an Idea for you. How about a Sea dragon?Ive Seen pictures on the web. Wonderful little creatures. A tattoo of one with a question mark over head? Turtle gal

As an inked person....when you see it, you'll know it. I've got several tats, some were mere days apart then I went several years before the next one. It's well and good to ask for ideas, and I don't mean to sound preachy but ink is forever! You'll look at and consider 100's of ideas but when you see THE one, you'll know it...don't settle for less!

Turtle Gal:
Tao,I don't have any links but, an Idea for you. How about a Sea dragon?Ive Seen pictures on the web. Wonderful little creatures. A tattoo of one with a question mark over head? Turtle gal

Ho, ho - you want to see that guy under the needle for hours!!

To me, the most obvious symble that says SCUBA would be the red & white dive flag - perhaps with the Alpha flag/International Dive on crossed staffs?

However, this is coming from one who wants nothing written in stone or on my body.

don

Back
Top Bottom