The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver:
I have a tattoo on my left outside of my thigh. It is the Canadian Maple leaf made to look like a dive flag. It's only 2". I did go diving one week<7 days> after getting it.. but I had used a special patch thing by johnson and johnson.. makes a scab and heals the wound faster.. But for the dive I put a vaseline dressing on it before suiting up and it kept it dry. I am considering a second one..but not sure....I have been babying it since October putting vitamine E gel on it..and eventually sun screen when summer come. BF doesn't like it much cause it's the two worst colors to have in a tattoo.. RED AND WHITE :p oh well..

FD - is it like the one on the left?

SS

Ah, the tattoo discussion continues. And to paraphrase Spectre's quote from an earlier tattoo thread, "The difference between people with tattoos and those without is people with tattoos don't care if you don't have any."

My tattoo is going on 10 years now, and it still looks great! Definitely do your tattoo artist research before choosing, and spend the big bucks for it. If it fades (and if you can stand it) I do believe you can go and get a touch up for it.

gfisher4792:
Ah, the tattoo discussion continues. And to paraphrase Spectre's quote from an earlier tattoo thread, "The difference between people with tattoos and those without is people with tattoos don't care if you don't have any."

My tattoo is going on 10 years now, and it still looks great! Definitely do your tattoo artist research before choosing, and spend the big bucks for it. If it fades (and if you can stand it) I do believe you can go and get a touch up for it.

Ask about the touchup information up front, and you should get something in writing when you leave. Two of the four artists I've had work done at gave 6 months, and two gave a year.

Also, inspect the premises. They should show you their autoclave and their needle and ink supply. Also, ask about getting the needles when you're done. They're supposed to use new needles (and many, new ink) for each customer, so they should offer to give you the needles.

Julie, regarding tattoos, the motto is:

ANYTHING YOU WANT, ANYWHERE YOU WANT.

Having said that, as mentioned by numerous others in this thread, shop around for the most able tattooist.

Personally, I've got a few. Got the first one in my teens and the most recent one was done in my mid-thirties AND I'm looking forward to having them age with me.

L

It truly is up to you.

If you want suggestions, I have a female diving buddy who has a trigger fish, on her upper thigh. It's located to allow a hi-thigh bikini cut bathing suit display it, or more conservative cut hides it.

It is very nice

Mike D

I have a dear friend that has a tat of two dolphin yin and yan style on her right calf just above the ankle, it was done by a very talented artist in Hollywood Ca.lots of single needle detail with incredible color. Its a wonderful tat that is all her. Be sure about the statement you want to make and then find a good artist and enjoy.
Bill

dnhill:
A tattoo is often a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

dnhill

I agree with dnhill, you'll regret it. Tattoo is haste repent at leisure!!

Whenever I see someone with tattoos, I'm reminded that THEY'RE PERMANENT. If you have to do it, why not use a temporary tattoo? That gives the fun without the regrets.

love2godeep:
Whenever I see someone with tattoos, I'm reminded that THEY'RE PERMANENT. If you have to do it, why not use a temporary tattoo? That gives the fun without the regrets.

Of course they're permanent. That's what makes them worthwile.
But don't make hasty decisions.
Think before you Ink!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom