The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue-ba Lips:
Anyone have a tatoo that is over 30? My dad got one in his youth and hated it after only a few years. He always told us it was a big mistake.
I Do!! I got my first Tat last Summer (2003).I was 44.Took me a year to decide what I wanted and where to put it. I have a geen Sea Turtle on my lower outside right ankle.This Aug I am getting my second Tat on my lower back.Will tell all when it has been done.For now Im not saying.Keep In mind I wanted a Tat when I was 18,Im Very glad I waited. Turtle Gal

I am 38. Got my tattoo when I was 29, still love it. Have been contemplating a sea turtle tattoo to commemorate my first ocean dive last January, when we saw three of them first thing off the boat in Mexico.

It's been six months since hubby and I dove in Mexico, my first ocean dive. I had told him that I really wanted our first diving trip to be spectacular, so that all the equipment we bought would not sit rotting in the basement after the trip - I wanted to go again and again. And the thing I most wanted to see in the sea was a sea turtle.

As luck would have it, our very first dive, off the coast of the Riviera Maya (Palladium Grande resort), we encountered 3 sea turtles! It was such an emotional moment for me, meant so much to me. So I decided, on that trip, that I wanted my next tattoo (I only have one, and it's not scuba-related) to be a sea turtle. I also wanted to incorporate the flag of Mexico into it somehow, since that's where we were.

I toyed around with the design off and on, using different turtles...realistic, tribal designs, and nothing was working quite right. But it all came together today - I'm very happy with this.

It's going to be placed on my lower back, and I may add something to either side of it, to sort of draw it out along my hips, but not sure about that yet.

Can't find a link to post a photo here, so here's a link to it:

http://home.kc.rr.com/dwelch2/mine3.JPG

Love the sea turtle but I'm in two minds about the Mexican flag. Nothing againt Mexico or their flag, love the place and the people but...

The Sea Turtle says volumes about you, the sea, how special turtles actually are and you'll always know where you got it, so why add the flag? I think it would look amazing without it.

Just my 2sense....

Coogeeman :eyebrow:

Coogeeman:
Love the sea turtle but I'm in two minds about the Mexican flag. Nothing againt Mexico or their flag, love the place and the people but...

The Sea Turtle says volumes about you, the sea, how special turtles actually are and you'll always know where you got it, so why add the flag? I think it would look amazing without it.

Just my 2sense....

Coogeeman :eyebrow:
I'm with you this.
I like the design of the turtle but I think that it would be even better without the flag.
But BluOrchid2, you will have to wear it for the rest of your life and know whether it's ok with you :wink:

Love the tat,Its brilliant but --- loose the flag, & put in some waves or something. In ten years something might happen that makes you not like Mexico!!

I took a long time deciding on what would be approiate for my transformation in to a "colored" person (as many of you have). Looked at a lot of artists and designs (not going to do it if it wasn't right for me or with the right person). #1 was last fall (age 40 and right after the MLC set in but the bmw helped offset it a bit) it's the carribean soul lizard and i wear it proudly on my left shoulder looking down and across my chest (1st trip to key west was the reason). Just recieved #2 yesterday. Its a piece drawn by Judy Parker of Pacific Tattoos in San Diego (talk about a artist!!!). Oval sunset with palm trees (it's where i want to end every day) 4 in long and 2 inchs tall. I looked over a year to find a artists that could do it right (tried Judy but could never be in the same place at the same time), most wanted to double its size since it was very detailed. Found a artists that has worked with Judy at shows and is a good friend of hers, he is also a fine line specalists, to make it short it looks KILLER!!! Fantastic color, great detail and only hurt for a little bit :) . I'll pic it and the lizard when the sunset heals and post it if you like, artists was Rat Basta*d from Warrention, MO, down side is he is moving to Cozuamel in the fall to open a studio and its going to be a long trek to see him again, but hey, what else are you going to do in Cozaumel? lol

On the other side, watched 2 girls lining up for tat's couple of weeks ago. They were there on a dare from their friends (bad decision). The work was a pair of cherries above their, well.......hummmmmmm........how do i put it.......front crotch region (that work?) with the words "luscious" for one and "sweet" for the other. Wonder how they are going to fell when in stuck in a nursing home and remembering the day they "proudly" made their choice? I'm going to look back and remember the memories that brought me to my decision with joy, not regret. Oh yeah, planning on #3 now as the skin heals from #2 (they are very addictive)

Laters and thanks
and think about it long and hard, they don't wash off in the shower
Frenchy07
Proudly a member of the "colured" race

frenchy07:
Wonder how they are going to fell when in stuck in a nursing home and remembering the day they "proudly" made their choice?

Well, it depends. If they still have their sense of humour :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom