The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO...

Tattoos on women = skin litter. They're not that special or unique anymore. I live in a college town, and almost EVERY young gal has that insidious one across their lower back. Such young, beautiful girls ruining their skin!!! Heartbreaking. I also see the same girls 15 years on - with the most horrid looking green mush, all stretched and distorted after having kids, age, smoking, etc.

It's nice to see the gals without tattoos nowdays.

Tattoos are fads and for followers...

My opinion.

Jmaserati:
IMHO...

Tattoos on women = skin litter. They're not that special or unique anymore. I live in a college town, and almost EVERY young gal has that insidious one across their lower back. Such young, beautiful girls ruining their skin!!! Heartbreaking. I also see the same girls 15 years on - with the most horrid looking green mush, all stretched and distorted after having kids, age, smoking, etc.

My opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I didn't appreciate the last thing you said about tattoos being fads and just for followers. Tattoos are most def. not fads and have been around for centuries in fact (do some research before writing something so ignorant). I've read many books on the history of tattooing. It's a pretty interesting read if you ever decide to open your mind.

As for being a "follower", pfff! Tattoos are a form of personal expression and it in fact creates more individuality on that person. That's like saying men with short hair are followers, or people who dye their hair a paticular color are followers. People choose to express their individuality however they want, and to me that's the exact opposite of being a follower. I don't understand your logic :06:

I think that with all the tattooing going on recently, that the person who chooses NOT to get a tattoo will be the unique one in the crowd, and show more individuality. They'll find other - more non-permanent/defacing ways to show they're different.

Time will tell on this one... maybe we'll see how you feel in 20 years about your tattoos.

It is my opinion, and I HATE tattoos - especially on women. I do find tattoos interesting on Maori warriors, they have a cultural meaning and tradition. On teenage girls... not so much. To me it shows lack of good judgment. Maybe to you I seem close-minded. As I've said, it's MY opinion.

In a hidden place, or as an "inside" joke, maybe - could be fun... but those garish ones that are in plain sight - YUK!

I can't help but think a little less of someone sporting that kind of tattoo. Being totally honest here. I don't hate PEOPLE with tattoos.... I hate the fact that they got one, especially after hearing them explain them 10, 15, 20 years later in embarassment.

Xena, lastly, I don't hate you. Heartbreaking to me that you're tattooed. Sorry if you take it the wrong way.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, not close-minded. It's my preference, and my opinion, and I had to tell the other side of the story.

P.S.

3 things I really hate - Tattoos (skin litter), Litter (in and out of water), and smoking. Where I live, I see too much of his from the younger generation (college kid age).

I LOVE divers and diving - most are fun loving and conscientious - some are tattooed - I'll still love ya, but hate that you're tattooed.

Fair enough?

WOW.. Might want to be careful diving with people in FL. I don't think I know but a few people without tattoos and/or peircings seeing as this state has been a biker and mariners haven for a lot longer than its been a retirment community. My wife and I both have tats and even our 17month old son points at our tattoo's and then at himself (usually arms) and says "Ta-ooooo?" to which the trusty non-toxic pen comes out and he gets something cute :D

XWD - thats a nice tat on your arm, the knotwork is nicely done. :)

I think a tattoo has to be special and has something to do with your character, passions…

Where to do it there is no special places which are indicated or not. Some part are more painful than other so depending your resistance to pain you will choose the place you like the most.

Personally have three of them but nobody can see them when I am at work 8do not make serious for many people) or normal dressed. I need to be with very short sleeve or without T-shirt. One is on my right arm (my Avatar) and two other on the back.

My wife has also three, a cat on the very very low back, a fish on a shoulder and a bat under the armpit (ascella in Italian).

The place is yours!!!

Why not showing us your tattoo one you do it.

Ciao

Jmaserati:
I think that with all the tattooing going on recently, that the person who chooses NOT to get a tattoo will be the unique one in the crowd, and show more individuality. They'll find other - more non-permanent/defacing ways to show they're different.

As I said, people choose to express themselves in their own special way. If that includes NOT getting tattoos, that's perfectly fine. You shouldn't lump all people with tattoos into one category. Every person I know with tattoos has different reaons for getting them and different stories behind their meaning. That makes each tat unique in their own way. Don't you get it?

Jmaserati:
Time will tell on this one... maybe we'll see how you feel in 20 years about your tattoos.

Hey there's already a big dif between 16-26 yrs of age. I look at the tat I got at 16 and I know that it doesn't represent who I am today, but I don't regret it because it reminds me of a special place & time in my life. I really can't stand it when people say "you'll regret that".......

Jmaserati:
I don't hate PEOPLE with tattoos.... I hate the fact that they got one, especially after hearing them explain them 10, 15, 20 years later in embarassment.

Maybe you should worry about your own things, and not other people's embarassments :wink:.

Jmaserati:
Xena, lastly, I don't hate you. Heartbreaking to me that you're tattooed. Sorry if you take it the wrong way.

lol, I don't hate you either. I just think you, "don't get it".

CBulla: Thanx. I like that one a lot :)

Azotomix: I LOVE your avatar. Would like to see a pic of that tat on your arm if you have one to show.

Azotomix: I LOVE your avatar. Would like to see a pic of that tat on your arm if you have one to show.[/QUOTE]

I have a picture but not on this computer. Will sent asap.

Jmaserati:
IMHO...

My opinion.

I do not judge people for having tattoos, only for their choice of design. If it's crudely done or offensive etcetera, I think it reflects poorly on you as a person.

But in the end it's a choice you make and you have to agree with it.

As for me, I would like another tattoo. It will probably be marine-life/diving-related (dolphin, shark (Sherman :06: ), orca, ...).

But I haven't found a design yet that I really like.

Besides, If I got it now, it would really mess with my diving :wink: . Next winter sounds like a good time.

BTW: It's nice to see gals regardless of their tattoos :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom