The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice! Definately better then pointing to one in a book!

So do you still have to carry a flag out to the site anymore? :wink:

I pierced the back side of my tongue once, but it wasn't on purpose.

And, yes, as a matter of fact, it did hurt like hell....

I have a pink fish on my right ankle and a dolphin on my left shoulder. I have had both for years. I have had several people ask about the fish on my ankle they all loved it. I have not had anyone say anything negative about it. I think tattoos are a personal choice and if you have decided you want one, then go for it. Just be sure its a choice you are making for yourself and not someone else talking you into it. After all your going to have it for a really long time.

Zuzanne

I'm 18 and i'm going to get an angel on my lower back. But i'm scared that there will be some problem when I grow up and have kids and stuff like that! So will I have problems if I get it on my lower back? Should I get it somewhere else or not?

I have 5 tattoos. I have a small fish on my right shoulder, that i got when i was 18 in the Pacific Islands. I then got a small flower wreath on my lower back right in the middle, then i got a free hand sun kind of celtic on my right foot all black that has a few rays that snake down two toes - very funky. I also have on my left foot two geckos that are coming at each other mirror image like that are all green and yellow black outline. I also have a complete quite large anklet on my right ankle, it is of a large orchid and then bell flowers winding around my ankle, very colourful. I have never had any fading of colour as yet, i moisturise completely daily so perhaps this helps, i always used bepanthem cream on the artwork as it healed. I got them on my feet cause they could be hidden with shoes or showed off with shoes depending on the mood etc..., i love them, i am now 26 with a 2yr old son and am not embarrassed by them have never thought gee today i wish i didn't have that on show. The only problem was they are addictive hard to stop from getting more, seemed to have kicked the habit haven't got a new one in 4 years so far.

Mayogirl04:
I'm 18 and i'm going to get an angel on my lower back. But i'm scared that there will be some problem when I grow up and have kids and stuff like that! So will I have problems if I get it on my lower back? Should I get it somewhere else or not?

I use a few rules for my tattoos:
1) I'm DIR-minded when it comes to colour. :wink: It has to be black. All colours fade eventually but black has the most longevity.
2) No small details. Bold is the way to go.
3) No tattoos on my lower arms. They're personal so I don't want them anywhere where they can be seen in an office setting. It's also good to be able to keep them out of the sun, see above.
4) They are all animal related. Symbolic, stylized, fictious animals.
5) They have to tell something about me. I may not tell you what they mean (not on the really personal level at least) but they must represent me in some way.
6) A design is not to going to leave you overnight. Take some time to think about what you want. Put it away for a few weeks or months. If you still like it then, chances are you'll like it for life.

Hope this helps.

El Orans:
I use a few rules for my tattoos:
1) I'm DIR-minded when it comes to colour. :wink: It has to be black. All colours fade eventually but black has the most longevity.
2) No small details. Bold is the way to go.
3) No tattoos on my lower arms. They're personal so I don't want them anywhere where they can be seen in an office setting. It's also good to be able to keep them out of the sun, see above.
4) They are all animal related. Symbolic, stylized, fictious animals.
5) They have to tell something about me. I may not tell you what they mean (not on the really personal level at least) but they must represent me in some way.
6) A design is not to going to leave you overnight. Take some time to think about what you want. Put it away for a few weeks or months. If you still like it then, chances are you'll like it for life.

Hope this helps.
I been thinking about what I wanted since I was 16 and I deicided that I'm going to get 2 angels in love.. I know a good place to get it done 3 of my best friends got thiers done where i'm going to get mine done. But I'm not going to get it done till the end of the summer. but thanks EL Orans

The best thing you can do is think long & hard about getting a tattoo, it's going to be there for the rest of your life. I've known people get a tat done on a whim & then regret it. You also need to think about your pain threshold, the more bone underneath the area of the tat, the more painful the process is (well that's what I've been told anyway). I have a tattoo of a guitar on my shoulder so that it can be easily hidden or easily shown off, depending on my mood.
At the end of the day the tat's for you so you should get it done wherever you feel comfortable.

I have 5 tattoos all ranging in different sizes. I got my first one at the age of 16 (I'm 26 now). 3 of my tattoos have been done on a whim, and I don't regret any of them because they all remind me of a special time in my life. On the very RARE occassions that I feel it's necessary to hide them, then I just wear the necessary clothing it takes to cover them. However, I do have one on my left hand that's impossible to cover unless I'm wearing gloves or putting it in my pocket (both of which look stupid when you're indoors having a conversation with someone LOL).

I love tattoos, and don't plan on stopping with these 5 :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom