The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a good piece of advise I wish I had been given two cover ups ago, would be not to trust in the fact that the drawings on the wall were done by the shaky handed, long haired freek in the back room, Always ask if you can have a look at what he or she is doing right now and if he aint working now go back another time, a good artist will never be affended by the fact you want to check his work as it is your body he will be doing it on, he will only object if he isnt the person you want drawing on your body!
happy tatooing, but remember it is addicitve!

Hey Dave,

My only thought is to make sure that whatever you get will stand the test of time. Some tatoos are like music that doesn't stand up a few years down the road. You may like it now because it's ear candy, but it turns to SH&* when your tastes change.

Beck

Dave_1985:
hey guys and girls, im thinking about getting a tattoo, but im really not sure about it, ive talked to my parents about it, and they didnt :bomb: for once, and we managed to have a frank discussion about it, in the end i was told it was up to me. anyway :eek:fftopic: i wondered if anyone out there had any advice/anecdotes from experience, id apreciate youre thoughts.

Definitely do your research before selecting an artist; get recommendations from others, hit the web, etc. When at the place, talk to the people. Ask about their "touch up" policy, have them show their hygiene practices (especially ask to see their autoclave), and what mistakes they've seen other people have done when selecting their tattoo.

This link might help give you a start.

http://tattoo.about.com/od/tattoo101/

Well for those of you that know me, I am sort of a tattoo freak. Well after many years and much deliberation my friend finally drew one I felt awesome about and here it is. I gave him the idea and he ran with it. He draws for comic books so he has some talent :wink: Please excuse the shininess. It was brand new :wink: Plus the idiot taking the picture used the flash.

Just got my fourth and my first dive related tattoo. By the way all of my tattoos are pretty big. The new one is 3 inches x 6 inches, the other back tattoo is 3 by 10 and the two on each arm take all of my upper arms. And as they said above, they are incredibly addictive.

Very nice

amelo1999:
Well for those of you that know me, I am sort of a tattoo freak. Well after many years and much deliberation my friend finally drew one I felt awesome about and here it is. I gave him the idea and he ran with it. He draws for comic books so he has some talent :wink: Please excuse the shininess. It was brand new :wink: Plus the idiot taking the picture used the flash.

Interesting. But when it comes to tattoos, I'm DIR-minded (black only) :wink:

I used to be the same exact way until i got bored one day and decided to color in my already existing one. From there color became a must :wink: I still love a lot of black though. The tattooer wanted to use a darker red for the details and i insisted on black.

I like it! Looks like my flag after the day of Maytag diving at Datura last weekend...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom