The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my first last year wanted one for a long time and finally when the wife went out of town went and did it. I got the Frog from the Baddest frog in the pond T-shirt on my right upper arm. That way a short sleeve shirt will hide it but i can still show it off. I now have a variation of the Narcosis frog on the other arm. They are addicting, that is for sure

I got my first dive Tattoo about a year ago and I love it. My own design though. It is a Hammerhead swimming over the top of a Dive flag laying in the water. Wishi had the pic to share. You can search on google for shark tattoo's or tattooo's in general and that is where you will get your best results

You know, I think one of the most practical ideas for divers I have heard of lately is tatooing a DAN number and signifigant medical information. I am a diabetic and always wear a medical id tag but I think I may just get a small tatoo that does the same thing. I do like decorative tats but I have none dive related yet. I have wanted to get one for several years but can't decide exactly what I want. I think I will be getting that medical tat soon.

JulieParkhurst:
I have often thought about getting a tattoo of a Sea Turtle somewhere on my body but I can't decide where to put it.

Is there any women out there with tattoos that would share with me the location of their work.

Please tell me the reasons you like the location and any problems you may have had with covering it up on those occasions when it wasn't appropriate to view.

Thanks Julie

I am neither female nor tattooed, and while I find them kinda sexy on some women, it is not THE one thing which makes them that way. Make sure you are happy with yourself without one, because you might not be happy with one. Whatever you decide to get, I'd make keep it smaller rather than larger. I guess the idea is to look cool and sexy and not like an underwater Hell's Angel. Women seem to avoid that better than men. Guys I've seen here in Jeddah tend to overdo it, and some of the marines from the consulate look like they went to one too many tattoo parlors while on leave.

hey guys and girls, im thinking about getting a tattoo, but im really not sure about it, ive talked to my parents about it, and they didnt :bomb: for once, and we managed to have a frank discussion about it, in the end i was told it was up to me. anyway :eek:fftopic: i wondered if anyone out there had any advice/anecdotes from experience, id apreciate youre thoughts.

There are a couple of threads about this subject that a search will uncover...

Dave_1985:
hey guys and girls, im thinking about getting a tattoo, but im really not sure about it, ive talked to my parents about it, and they didnt :bomb: for once, and we managed to have a frank discussion about it, in the end i was told it was up to me. anyway :eek:fftopic: i wondered if anyone out there had any advice/anecdotes from experience, id apreciate youre thoughts.
Dave, I got my first Tat over the Summer and I was 44, I wanted one when I was 18,Im glad I waited,(I have a Turtle on my lower outside right ankle)I took a good year to think about what I wanted and where to put it.And it didn't hurt like I thought it would,The Tat/Artist,had wonderful hands,It healed in 8 days. You can do thousands of searches on the tattoo subject,Pros and cons. It all boils down to whether or not you want it done.Take your time thinking about it.Once it is on your skin its there for life. And if you do get one lets us know what it is. One more piece of advice... Never put a girls name on your skin, Unless it is your own childs name!!!No cover ups later on in life.Good luck to you. Turtle Gal

Warning - tattoos and peircings are addicting. I've got 5 peircings and 2 tats now. My wife has 3 tats.

Take your time with deciding what you want to have tattoo'd - mine are tied to events that were turning points or chapter closures in my life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom